Democrats Take House

Ah but you see democracy and republicanism are very similar and often used interchangeably this is where it becomes complex. Like I said on a federal level we are a Representative Republic. Democracy only occurs on a State, County, and City/Town level. Even at those levels it really doesn’t become true democracy until the City/Town level.

See the USA is a Federal Union of states with a republican form of Government. (note: do not confuse republican and republicanism for the political party)

Further more you will find the use of the Term Representative Republic in the Federalist papers in particular number 48.

Finally I never took a political science class (not even as an elective) for I am an engineer ;)

-edit
Take a look at this link it breaks down the subtle differences between Democracy and Republic http://www.albatrus.org/english/goverment/govenrment/democracy versus repubblic.htm

The founders of my country where very afraid of having the government be a true Democracy on the Federal level and thus why they made it a Representative Republic.

Last edited:
Ah but you see democracy and republicanism are very similar and often used interchangeably this is where it becomes complex. Like I said on a federal level we are a Representative Republic. Democracy only occurs on a State, County, and City/Town level. Even at those levels it really doesn’t become true democracy until the City/Town level.

See the USA is a Federal Union of states with a republican form of Government. (note: do not confuse republican and republicanism for the political party)

Further more you will find the use of the Term Representative Republic in the Federalist papers in particular number 48.

Finally I never took a political science class (not even as an elective) for I am an engineer ;)

-edit
Take a look at this link it breaks down the subtle differences between Democracy and Republic http://www.albatrus.org/english/goverment/govenrment/democracy versus repubblic.htm

The founders of my country where very afraid of having the government be a true Democracy on the Federal level and thus why they made it a Representative Republic.

How dare you as an American defend our politics!!!!

I am always amazed at the perception that people that live in other countries about America. It might be easier for them to understand if they had a government like ours, but that doesn't exist anywhere other than the U.S.

I've visited many countries around the world, both as a military person and as a civilian. To coin a phrase from a movie....there's no place like home!

The link you provided stated: "These succinct definitions of what is Democracy and what is a Republic was produced by the US Army in 1928, These definitions have been quietly withdrawn since, soon after". [sic] I did not know that the army had ever "worked" on such issues...interesting.

I understand your point. I just don't think that it has any real importance. It is sort of like trying to find the difference between Nazism and Fascism. Academic. In any case, the world's democratic systems demonstrate wide-ranging differences. How about the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea? Those boys make SURE that the mob does not get in the way of tyranny.

For my part, I think that everyone capable of voting should vote. Why not? That means convicts, children, drug addicts, fools, morons, semi-retarded folk, etc. There are probably many kids out there who understand democracy (the notion of voting in your own interests) better than most adults. I just don't think that voting actually matters...neither does the "none of the above" faction. We might as well dispense with the whole operation.

Why do Americans even care? When the choices are (1) Republican or (2) Democrat, how can anyone screw that up? The only thing that you can wreck is your ballot. (The introduction of electronic systems is removing even this democratic right). If dogs could vote in an American election, or maybe cats, who would care? Would there be a difference? The outcome would be the same...either Republican or Democrat. So why all this talk about IQ? If anything, a high IQ should help a person understand that their little vote is unimportant and a waste of time. A smart person would get involved in lobbying if they wanted to change the opinion of the policymakers. Or make political donations to bribe the politicians.

[And, just so that we get the record straight, a German election is basically the same type of deal. Two major parties with a few parasites on the side. And I personally find German politicians more corrupt than Americans. I never write about this subject because (a) nobody cares and (b) I have given up on Germany...it is a hopeless hell of lies and deceit...and the people are too blind to know what has happened. Germany -- the planet for that matter -- is just the Matrix.]

For my part, I think that everyone capable of voting should vote. Why not? That means convicts, children, drug addicts, fools, morons, semi-retarded folk, etc. There are probably many kids out there who understand democracy (the notion of voting in your own interests) better than most adults. I just don't think that voting actually matters...neither does the "none of the above" faction. We might as well dispense with the whole operation.

Because our founding fathers were afraid of that....

Because Rome fell.....

Because it doesnt work.....

Voting very much matters.....

How dare you as an American defend our politics!!!!

Because we have a duty to share the knowledge we posess...I am not defending I am explaining...

How we are a Representative Republic....

BTW Ollie that army link was for refrence in hoping that it would explain better what I was trying to say...Fact of the matter the Federalist Papers (founding documents) state the Representative Republic...The fact that the United States of America is a Federal Union of States enforces we are a Representative Repbulic...

Like I said it is far more complex.....

Last edited:
Back