Democrats Take House - Page 2




 
--
Boots
 
November 8th, 2006  
phoenix80
 
 
no big deal...
November 8th, 2006  
Senior Chief
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Garchy
That's right...I am not as enlightened as you are...I apologize for my idiocy. Only Americans really know. The American educational system is top. The American think tanks are top. And the media hands enlightenment straight to the citizen. That is the epistemological lesson of the new century. Please, teach me how America works.

And...by the way...where is France on a globe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcz_NHAFGS0
I was in Paris last summer. As I was leaving to head back to the U.S. I went into a shop at the Airport to get a Coke. When I reached for my wallet there were no less than 6 Frenchmen that surrendered to me. That just about says it all about France.
November 9th, 2006  
WarMachine
 
 
Well now the dems have the senate and despite their 1 man superiority in that chamber, it still feels pretty good to hear that the republicans don't have the upper hand anymore. I like this result a lot since it will make the government work better and more efficiently with compromise instead of stand offs.
--
Boots
November 9th, 2006  
Senior Chief
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Well now the dems have the senate and despite their 1 man superiority in that chamber, it still feels pretty good to hear that the republicans don't have the upper hand anymore. I like this result a lot since it will make the government work better and more efficiently with compromise instead of stand offs.
You are right, bills pass the house and senate by a small margin and the President starts using the pens from the VETO Pens Fund I started. With enough donations I'm supplying the President's pens for each crappy bill that goes to him to be signed into law! This is going to be some fun to watch the libs cry in their beer!
November 9th, 2006  
Rob Henderson
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief
I was in Paris last summer. As I was leaving to head back to the U.S. I went into a shop at the Airport to get a Coke. When I reached for my wallet there were no less than 6 Frenchmen that surrendered to me. That just about says it all about France.
*snicker* Poor guys...Haha...Anyway...Ollie, you aren't as enlightened as Americans are because you aren't American. Unless you watch American news every day...Americans like to think that we know a bit more about our own internal workings that a foreigner...
November 9th, 2006  
Ollie Garchy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
You only make yourself sound even less creditable...

You make obvious assumptions from what has been in the headlines of main stream news media as of late and think that is how America works.

Why do I know this well because of your obvious incorrect statement of paper ballots and volunteers. For instance the state of Connecticut where I reside most places use Mechanical Lever type voting machines which record to a paper tape (they require no power other than for a fluorescent lamp to illuminate the voting booth), they are then counted by Volunteers. Again you are making obvious refrences of what you think you know form what you have heard.

So I suppose I should start dictating to you how the German government works I mean really it has been sooooooo successful. Do we really want to get into referencing assumptions and opinions?
Your argumentation style is typical of Republicanism:

1. The "electronic machines" were used in most states. They might not use these systems where you live, but that hardly holds for the rest of the US. Maybe you should learn how YOUR own country actually works before criticizing others. In this case, you made yourself look quite ridiculous.

http://www.electiondataservices.com/...EStudy2006.pdf

2. I made no comments about the German government. You are in fact arguing that I am a pro-German biggot who is simply "pooping" on America. This theory was made dependent on one fact -- the flag under my name. What a joke? Did you use this type of tactic in school? Did your teachers and/or profs actually let you get away with such things? How sad and pathetic.

Criticism is not biggotry nor is it self-proclaimed superiority. There is an important element missing from your analysis...mostly because it was fabricated, contrived and illusory. I do not care about the German electoral or political system. I do not even vote. The German system is determined by political parties and not by ANY attention to the electorate. Elections are only the struggles of parties to gain control of taxation Euros...for their own greedy reasons. Sound familiar?

Concerning my viewpoints, it should be argued that I am a person genuinely searching for REAL democracy...not the farcical systems that pretend to support the interests of the "great beast".
November 9th, 2006  
WNxRogue
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief
You are right, bills pass the house and senate by a small margin and the President starts using the pens from the VETO Pens Fund I started. With enough donations I'm supplying the President's pens for each crappy bill that goes to him to be signed into law! This is going to be some fun to watch the libs cry in their beer!
Bush has hardly shown that he does veto. In the last 6 years he has vetoed one single bill. Anyway, look at the current republicans in the senate and you will see one thing: many of them are moderate. They will vote with the democrats on some issues because their voting base will demand it. Which means it may not be too hard for democrats to gain the 2/3 veto override in the house.
November 9th, 2006  
Senior Chief
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxRogue
Bush has hardly shown that he does veto. In the last 6 years he has vetoed one single bill. Anyway, look at the current republicans in the senate and you will see one thing: many of them are moderate. They will vote with the democrats on some issues because their voting base will demand it. Which means it may not be too hard for democrats to gain the 2/3 veto override in the house.
Time will tell, but again you are trying to impress your liberal way of thinking on to those that are in the senate. A democrats based :BS: bill will not gain 2/3 of the senate to overturn a VETO.
November 9th, 2006  
Donkey
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Garchy
Your argumentation style is typical of Republicanism:

1. The "electronic machines" were used in most states. They might not use these systems where you live, but that hardly holds for the rest of the US. Maybe you should learn how YOUR own country actually works before criticizing others. In this case, you made yourself look quite ridiculous.

http://www.electiondataservices.com/...EStudy2006.pdf

2. I made no comments about the German government. You are in fact arguing that I am a pro-German biggot who is simply "pooping" on America. This theory was made dependent on one fact -- the flag under my name. What a joke? Did you use this type of tactic in school? Did your teachers and/or profs actually let you get away with such things? How sad and pathetic.

Criticism is not biggotry nor is it self-proclaimed superiority. There is an important element missing from your analysis...mostly because it was fabricated, contrived and illusory. I do not care about the German electoral or political system. I do not even vote. The German system is determined by political parties and not by ANY attention to the electorate. Elections are only the struggles of parties to gain control of taxation Euros...for their own greedy reasons. Sound familiar?

Concerning my viewpoints, it should be argued that I am a person genuinely searching for REAL democracy...not the farcical systems that pretend to support the interests of the "great beast".
Wow, someone knows how to use a thesaurus and thinks they can dazzle with a grand vocabulary.

For your information America is not a Democracy it is a Representative Republic. Democracy only exists on a state level and even then it is limited, you don't really get into true democracy until the city/town level. But let us not forget that a true democracy is what our Forefathers where afraid of and for good reason.

BTW Optical Scan is just a method for counting a paper ballot.

I take your point and I was being rude you just come off like an ass, as I'm sure I do to you.

Plus you had it backwards with the lawyers.
November 9th, 2006  
Ollie Garchy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
Wow, someone knows how to use a thesaurus and thinks they can dazzle with a grand vocabulary.

For your information America is not a Democracy it is a Representative Republic. Democracy only exists on a state level and even then it is limited, you don't really get into true democracy until the city/town level. But let us not forget that a true democracy is what our Forefathers where afraid of and for good reason.

BTW Optical Scan is just a method for counting a paper ballot.

I take your point and I was being rude you just come off like an ass, as I'm sure I do to you.

Plus you had it backwards with the lawyers.
I like being an ass, I guess. One thing, however. I am getting sick and tired of hearing forum members claim that the US is not a democracy. This is just bizarre. Why, for example, would Bush want to make the world safe for democracy if the US was not a democracy? Maybe you do not believe me, and are thinking about the drunk who taught you political science? Well, why not see the following and sober up:

1. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice: "The United States had its own struggles with democracy, she said, noting that it was not until 1965 that all American citizens were guaranteed the right to vote. [W]hile our institutions were created to sustain, support and protect democracy, ... they were initially institutions of a very limited franchise, but ... over time, little by little, step by step, brick by brick, the United States has included more of its population in the democratic enterprise, she said, adding that the same process might be expected for other evolving democracies."

2. Core Documents of U.S. Democracy: "To provide American citizens direct online access to the basic Federal Government documents that define our democratic society".

http://usinfo.state.gov/xarchives/di...ret6.72549e-03

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/coredocs.html

We are actually both "wrong" about the lawyer issue (2000): "Due to the narrow margin of the original vote count, Florida law mandated a statewide recount". The Democrats requested a recount in three counties. I was referring to the Republican method of disenfranchising people (mostly Afro-Americans) prior to the election. Forget about this issue, however. The point I was unclear on was that "The Bush campaign sued to prevent additional recounts on the basis that no errors were found in the tabulation method until subjective measures were applied in manual recounts".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._pr...election,_2000

(I rarely use a thesaurus anymore. The strange thing about education is that one actually learns something every now and then).
 


Similar Topics
Gathering storm plagues Bush
The Election and Investigatory Powers of Congress
Bush holds White House strategy session on Iraq
I had some criminals in my house today I think!
[split from John Glen]Whitewater and Rose State Law Firm