Democrats Suffer Epic Mass. Loss

The health care I need & have earned as a military retiree, Tricare, will be cut by 21% as will Medicare when I'm eligible. How do I profit from this at a time when I need health care the most - a newly diagnosed diabetic? Once you get to read the whole health care law, if you have that much time (is it over 3000 pages yet?) you'll understand what this will do to our overall well being. Don't let them kid you that treatments aren't rationed. I have relatives in Canada who have to come to the States for treatment when the clinics up there performed the amount of a certain procedures that met their quota & can't do any more until the next fiscal year. The Senate plan is modeled after the Canadian & UK plans which are both growing broke after many raises in taxes to support them.
Because good health care should not be exclusively affordable to people who have served or are serving in the military. Sure, we could give our servicemen and women some extra benefits, but solid basic health care shouldn't be so unattainable to the general public. Have you ever talked with a private insurance company about your diabetes? Are you Type I or Type II? Because that can have a huge impact on your ability to get private insurance... We've been through this conversation before... The problem is never the quality, it's the price for it.
Our system needs fixing - no argument there but the majority of US citizens think it goes WAY to far.

This landslide election in Mass has already made the Dems change their plans. Hopefully they'll come out behind closed doors & stop making bribes for senate votes when they're hammering out the law affecting MY future.
Tell me, Sergeant, what would YOU suggest for our health care?

(Don't even bother with the jabs at Democrats, as we ALL know that politics is dirty on BOTH sides of the aisle.)

Actually George, the Constitution does say that this:

US Constutition Article I Section 8:

"Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and General Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States";

It means Congress has the power to collect taxes and provide common welfare of the United States. Dont you think taking care of the health of its citizenry sort of falls in this catagory? Certainly seems so to me. Or do you really think the definition is so narrow as to say: The government is supposed to protect you from an invasion of British Redcoats, but if its an invasion of smallpox (or H1N1 flu) the citizenry is on its own! Thats very unlikely as in 1789 smallpox killed far more people than British Redcoats did. Therefore it would seem to fall under "General Welfare" now does it?

BTW we already have Government healthcare programs. Medicare, Medicare, the VA, the government healthcare plan given to all members of congress these are all government healthcare plans. So what you are arguing against has already exsisted since the 1960s.
1789 Dept of War, dept of the Navy, State Dept, Post Master General,Dept of the Treasury, Attourney General. Don't see Health & Human Services or any other specific welfare provided by the Fed. Govt.
There's a lot of unconstitutional things OKed by the Supreme Court under duress(FDR's threat of court packing) including the outragious interpretation of the Commerce Clause allowing Govt control of crops for private consumption, & its only got worse. Health care has always been between doctor & patient.

1789 Dept of War, dept of the Navy, State Dept, Post Master General,Dept of the Treasury, Attourney General. Don't see Health & Human Services or any other specific welfare provided by the Fed. Govt.
The year was 1789, it wasn't possible to align things like that at that point.

They didn't know what hand sanitizer was, let alone the complicated medicines that are available today and the cost it takes to produce those medications. It's no wonder you agree with Rush Limbaugh, you're still stuck in the 18th century line of thought. :D

They didn't know what hand sanitizer was, let alone the complicated medicines that are available today and the cost it takes to produce those medications. It's no wonder you agree with Rush Limbaugh, you're still stuck in the 18th century line of thought. :D
The Founding Fathers didn't see a need for the Govt. to provide state of the art health care to the people. They did provide immunizations to the troops(forgotten for what, it was on a history show some time back) during the Revolution. They didn't see the need for religious cleansing of public buildings that is popular with Libs today either.

But they DID see the need to take care of their citizens. With modern disease comes modern care. See, the rest of the Constitution has evolved with the times, this part should too. Example... I'm sure the Founding Fathers weren't thinking of .50 cal machine guns when they wrote the 2nd Amendment. BUT, if one were inform them about today's society, they would see a .50 caliber as perfectly acceptable.

BTW, the separation of church and state was the Founding Father's idea, not the "liberal devil."

But they DID see the need to take care of their citizens. With modern disease comes modern care.

BTW, the separation of church and state was the Founding Father's idea, not the "liberal devil."
Modern care doesn't require Govt involvment. Seperation of Church & State was expressed in a private letter. 11 of the 13 Colonys had Official Religions. The Constitution bans Congress(the Fed. Govt.) from establishing an O.R. It doesn't specificly prohibite States from it or require banning the 10 Commandments from Courts or In God we trust. The Seperation of church & State is generally accepted, but Congress is opened with a prayer, Blue Laws were common, ect. Seems more of a thing to prevent Govt from interfereing with Churches. Keep in mind that Colonies with O.R. enforced the tithe(& your Church wanted thier share if you belonged to another one) & required Membership to run for Office. This is what was banned.

Obviously it requires some sort of interference. The private insurance companies are thoroughly screwing the United States public with their insane conditions and ridiculous prices. Someone has to step in and make sure that the people are getting the best "bang for their buck" so to speak. And since no one else is strong enough and the Republicans are cashing their insurance lobbyist checks, it's gonna have to be a Democrat-run executive/legislative branch of the federal government.

Why do you support a relationship between church and state? I'm curious. Maybe PM me... As this is slightly off the topic.

George, we try to avoid too much religious involvement in government worldwide (i.e. Iran) but it's okay if it's our religion?

The health care I need & have earned as a military retiree, Tricare, will be cut by 21% as will Medicare when I'm eligible. How do I profit from this at a time when I need health care the most - a newly diagnosed diabetic? Once you get to read the whole health care law, if you have that much time (is it over 3000 pages yet?) you'll understand what this will do to our overall well being. Don't let them kid you that treatments aren't rationed. I have relatives in Canada who have to come to the States for treatment when the clinics up there performed the amount of a certain procedures that met their quota & can't do any more until the next fiscal year. The Senate plan is modeled after the Canadian & UK plans which are both growing broke after many raises in taxes to support them.

Our system needs fixing - no argument there but the majority of US citizens think it goes WAY to far.

This landslide election in Mass has already made the Dems change their plans. Hopefully they'll come out behind closed doors & stop making bribes for senate votes when they're hammering out the law affecting MY future.
And I have friends in Canada who moved there to avoid the healthcare in this country that could best be described as hellish. If I don't have insurance, I can't see a doctor in this country. But my parents, for example, can't change their insurance because no one will insure my father because of pre-existing conditions. They can do whatever they want, there's nothing that we can do about it. That's the system the bill was created to avoid, where we're trapped. With Diabetes, you're likely stuck in the same boat; no matter how measly of coverage you receive, you can't change it. And Tricare is not a full government program; it's contracted out to HeathNet, Humana, or TriWest, depending on where you live.

Also, because I'm curious, have YOU read the full healthcare bill?

George, we try to avoid too much religious involvement in government worldwide (i.e. Iran) but it's okay if it's our religion?

And I have friends in Canada who moved there to avoid the healthcare in this country that could best be described as hellish. If I don't have insurance, I can't see a doctor in this country. But my parents, for example, can't change their insurance because no one will insure my father because of pre-existing conditions. They can do whatever they want, there's nothing that we can do about it. That's the system the bill was created to avoid, where we're trapped. With Diabetes, you're likely stuck in the same boat; no matter how measly of coverage you receive, you can't change it. And Tricare is not a full government program; it's contracted out to HeathNet, Humana, or TriWest, depending on where you live.

You'll find that a civilizations laws are based its base religious doctrine. It seems obvious to me that the FF didn't want an Official Religion, much less a theocracy, but they didn't see the need for religiously sterile govt either. As I said earlier Congress opens with a prayer, G. Washington adlibed the "So help me God" in the Oath of Office.
There are plenty of Canadians who say they/relative/friend would have died under rationed health care in Canada but came here & were saved. Lets not ruin the Country of last resort.

Probably because the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar, they are able to afford being saved. Any folks from poorer countries coming to the US? NOPE.

Again, the fact that anyone is coming here and be saved is not in dispute. HEAR ME WELL, George... The United States has the best medicinal care in the world.

I'm not disputing its ability to help people. I'm disputing its ability to help EVERY person.

wow, you guys picker 24/7 over here, ok, i HATE government in EVERY form, and im a firm beliveler in the old prinicple sat down by henry thoreau "the best government is the one which governs the least". To me the government is a nessarary evil, and nothing more. Now i live in a modestly successful house, where my family is very conservative, while my parents could easily afford to buy me a car, pay for my insurance, cloths, college, and some school stuff like woods supplies and sports, they will not, why may you say? Becuase they wont to make me into a independent person, and not to hand outs. They also at first really dont watch my school work, but not because they dont care, but if im failing, which i never have, they will get mad at that, but becuase they wont me to figure out that what i do in high school effects everything you do with the rest of your life. I did not learn this until this year, i had a 2.7 gpa my first two years now i have a 3.3 and am still improving, after i figured out that my mediocure grades were not going to get me into a good school. To make a long story short, in this country we as a people rely on too many people to help us, we ask our parents to hold our hand through school and we beg the government when we made a mistake. Now the healthcare system is f'ed up, and we need to fix it soon and ive found a great website that shows some thing we could do.
http://www.balancedpolitics.org/editorial-solution_to_health_care_crisis.htm

No I haven't, Guy. That's because it's being hammered out behind closed doors where nobody on the outside knows exactly what's in it. I know they're trying to sneak abortion back in it & as far as the health care rationing goes I have no idea what the outcome of that is. There WILL be rationing of some sort or another. There will be budget constaints & therefore it's logical that when a clinic meets or exceeds its budget on say, MRIs, they won't be able to do any more. There will also be boards comprised of laymen to determine which procedure will be authorized.

I think someone asked what kind of diabetes I have. I'm type II. My 11 year old grandson is type I. He requires glucose testing several times a day & insulin before every meal & when needed because of high blood sugar. His mother is a special ed teacher & so far her health insurance pays for a good portion of his supplies with a very low co-pay. Her insurance costs are fairly low. She is shuddering at the thought of any change in coverage or any limits placed on care. I really fear for his future when the diabetes budget dries up that particular year.

I myself only have to check my blood glucose occassionally, I take a pill in the AM & one in the PM. I have to go to the lab every three months for a complete blood workup. So far between Mrdicare & Tricare the only thing I have to pay for is $3 a month for my prescription. I can get them totally free if I use the mail order Tricare system or go to Great Lakes USNS & pick them up in person.
I DON'T want them to screw with the system. It sure can't get any better if it's changed. By the way I have unlimited treatments. If Doc wants to see me every week there is no limit.

When you figure that the reason the health care bill was even brought up was because of the uninsured (47,000,000 was the number 1st presented but it turns out to be more like 20,000,000, many of which are rich people who have a medical trust fund & don't need insurance) . Fix that -sure. But why scrap the whole lot just for the uninsured. My daughtrer is an RN at a hospital & she said they have NEVER turned anyone away for lack of insurance. If that's the case what's the problem?

There is always things that need fixing & tweaking health care is one of them. It IS expensive in most cases. Fix that problem. Don't scrap the whole thing & start from scratch.

There isn't a person I know that is unhappy with their health plan, all knowing full well that there can always be improvements.

After all my many years on this earth the one thing I know for sure is get the government involved & that's when you have nothing but trouble & inefficiency. I give you VA (better but not perfect) & Social Security & Medicare. All money sewers that are not at all efficient.

Last edited:
Back