Defense ministry urges the house to approve purchase of three Sukhoi jet fighters

rock45

Defense ministry urges the house to approve purchase of three Sukhoi jet fighters

Jakarta, (ANTARA News) - Defense Minister Juwono Sudarsono has urged the House`s Commission I and Budgetary Commission to immediately approve the government`s purchase of another three Russian-made Shukoi jet fighters for the Indonesian Air Force.

"We have asked the House`s Commission I and budgetary Commission to
erase the star mark for the purchase of three Sukhoi jet fighters, so that the US$360 million could be disbursed for the purchase," the minister said on Wednesday.

Speaking after receiving the Philippine Army Chief of Staff, Juwono said the defense ministry and finance ministry had reached agreement on the supply of another three Sukhoi jet fighters at a cost of US$360 million.

"So there is no reason for the House`s Commission I and Budgetary Commission to postpone their approval. If possible, the approval could be given before October 14, 2008," he said.

According to Yuwono, the three additional Sukhois were urgent to improve the airforce`s deterrent.

The arrival of the three Sukhois from Rusia was still awaiting the House approval on the issuance of a Letter of Credit (L/C).

Loan agreement for the purchase of the Sukhois has already been signed by the Finance Minister and the management of the French Natixis Bank at the Economic Affairs Coordinating Ministry.

The Russian jet fighters manufacturing company, Sukhoi, on August 21, 2007 announced the sale of six jet fighters to Indonesia at a cost of US$300 million (Rp2.85 trillion).

The six Sukhois consisted of three SU-30 MK2 and three SU-27 SKM jet fighters which would bolster the four Sukhois already possessed by the Airforce since September 2003.

The signing of the memorandum of understanding for the supply of another six Sukhoi jet fighters was conducted during the opening of the Air Show in Moscow, August 21, 2007.(*)

Link
http://www.antara.co.id/en/arc/2008...pprove-purchase-of-three-sukhoi-jet-fighters/

Back