Decision 2008

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Ok, as of right now, if nothing changes, here is where I stand on my vote. If Hillary get's the nod for the Democratic Party, I vote for McCain, hands down....

Now, if Obama get's the nod... I am considering voting for him. Why, not sure, I just have a bad feeling about McCain. I have talked to a lot of my fellow Republican moderates and they are along the same street I am on.

Your opinions?

I can't stand McCain either. BUT there is nothing in this world that would get me to vote for Obama! I watched him on ABC News when he didn't place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem. Then after people got upset over it then he started to do it, so he wouldn't lose votes. I don't care what anybody says, when that plays, out of repect your hand should be over your heart. If he doesn't repect what it stands for then I don't want him as my President.

Just my opinion.

Low on the page there is the video from ABC News.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

Blog_Bush_Hand_Stomach.jpg

And Obama didn't invade a small country!

I too have bad vibes about McCain... just something about him. Not as bad as Hillary and Obama though...

Honestly I think McCain will keep the military in Iraq, but in turn will go to bat for the military. Democrats have a tendancy of cutting funds for necessary equipment and training. Even though I know it means deployment, my vote (as it currently stands) is on McCain.

And "The Other Guy" lets keep Bush Bashing on the forums of that respective caliber and keep it out of this one.

Ok, as of right now, if nothing changes, here is where I stand on my vote. If Hillary get's the nod for the Democratic Party, I vote for McCain, hands down....

Now, if Obama get's the nod... I am considering voting for him. Why, not sure, I just have a bad feeling about McCain. I have talked to a lot of my fellow Republican moderates and they are along the same street I am on.

Your opinions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I have alot of problems with McCain.

1. Too old. He's 74, thats too old. The President required to be in tune with the present-day generations. Historically presidents his age have this nasty tendency to live backwards in the past, usually with disastrous results. Sorry if this sounds like discrimination, but its also true. When I am 74 I will want a younger man to be president.

2. He's in poor Health (Heart Trouble). Hes been in out of the Hospital for several years. Physically I don't think he can hack the stress of the job, and this is the most stressful job on the planet.

3. Has a well known Anger Management problem. The next President must learn to deal with others, especially those he doesn't like. Having a hair trigger temper doesn't help.

4. He's MUCH, MUCH, too conservative. The far right makes me laugh about this. McCain is accused of being liberal because he refuses to act like a GOP sheep like they are. Having a brain, using it, while resisting the extremely radical views of the far right has become grounds of being labelled a "liberal". Just look at his voting record, hes the most conservative person in the Senate. He the Conservatives ideal choice.

Calling McCain a "Liberal" like Dobson, Couter, Limbaugh, and many others have done proves what the liberals having been saying all along the past 8 years: The far right has absolutely no idea what they are talking about and that they are as stupid, ignorant, and uneducated as one can get. (Again those are the liberals view points, not my own).

5. His sole area of 'real' expertise is Defense. I think he would be an excellent Secretary of Defense, but he's has no more experience than Obama on everything else, and frankly people are tired of the hawks. He the wrong guy at the wrong time.

6. He's Wrong and frankly out of tune with today. I listen to a speech he gave on TV, he talked for an hour and I couldn't find ONE thing I could agree with him on. Many of his ideas are throwbacks to the Bush II/Reagan era, but worst of all was listening to him on Iraq. While he has widely condemned the mismanagement of Iraq by Bush and Co -he STILL doesn't get the fact that we went their under false pretexts, and because of Iraq the world has become more dangerous. I cannot help but wonder if like Bush and LBJ, he simply cannot come to grasp with the idea the Iraq war was a mistake.

I too support Obama, but I would rather vote for Hillary. Like LBJ, Hillary is a nasty piece of work (most beltway Democrats hate her) but I would choose Hillary because I agree with some of her ideas, and I just cannot take another 4 more years of GOP governance.

Peddler

Of course you are free to vote for whom you choose, but your reasoning against Obama strikes me as totally absurd. Read your source again at the bottom their are TWO photos of him hand over heart during the pledge on different occasions. Your own source says that Obama wasn't making any political statement that day (i.e he wasn't refusing) and that he believes in both the pledge and singing the national anthem. Again this is from your own source.

Last edited:
there is no way i could ever vote for a Clinton.... unless it was George Clinton

But why? Thats what I don't understand. Yes the Clinton's are underhanded and nasty. Bush is much worse, and Reagan made secret deals with Tehran in order to become elected.

I don't like Hillary, but this isn't a popularity contest. If she can fix the economic mess, the Iraq War mess, and all the other problems so be it.

Her and Obama's platform are similar, its McCain whose is radically different. On paper at least, she is the best qualified. As I said on another thread, the reason I don't like Hillary is because unlike Obama she voting for some of the worst Bush policies (such as the Iraq War and the Bankruptcy Bill) which really hurt the country, and she did it not because she believed in it, but she thought opposing it would hurt her Candidacy. That self-centered attitude is precisly what we dont need. One Dick Chaney was more than enough.

Last edited:
Peddler

Of course you are free to vote for whom you choose, but your reasoning against Obama strikes me as totally absurd. Read your source again at the bottom their are TWO photos of him hand over heart during the pledge on different occasions. Your own source says that Obama wasn't making any political statement that day (i.e he wasn't refusing) and that he believes in both the pledge and singing the national anthem. Again this is from your own source.

Like I said in my first statement. "Then after people got upset over it then he started to do it, so he wouldn't lose votes" I wasn't saying that he was making a political statement. I just said I don't think he respects much of the values that our country was/is built on. Again, like I said before this is just my own opinion. I placed the snopes link so that you could read it for yourself. My values are that if the National Anthem is rolling, your hand is over your heart. I would hope that any past, present, or future President would have the same values and repect.

I'm a republican by registration, but if I like a democrat I WILL cross the lines, however if Obama get the nod, he still has to make public what changes before he gets my vote.

I just have a gut feeling that a true wartime President is a must for the next Oval Office position and I don't have a warm fuzzy about what Sen Clinton or Sen Obama would do when the time comes to cross swords with Middle East, South America, China, N. Korea, or Russia. Sen Obama's resume is about three pages long and Sen. Clinton is dragging an impeached husband and all his lapses of bad decisions behind.

I don't care for Sen McCain's stand on border defense and a few other problems that he doesn't think is as important to the US public as we do. I will have to admit, with reservations, that he is simply the lesser of two evils. I think he will be quicker to meet force with force and be proactive in quick strikes if necessary.

A communist supported cold war is forming as we speak. Putin is issuing warnings to Europe and the US as well as supporting the spread of communism in Central and South America. Oddly enough, Markism and Islam have become entwined in a strange but completely evident coalition of destruction.

Then vote me in as a write in, first thing I'd do is fire congress and the senate, and read the constitution and follow it completely and to the letter.

Then vote me in as a write in, first thing I'd do is fire congress and the senate, and read the constitution and follow it completely and to the letter.

First, you will need the powerful Judicial branch willing to work with you by interpreting the Constitution instead of re-writing it. That's one other reason I would vote conservative, these folks are just as important as a President's cabinet or the other Houses of Government. I want a conservative Supreme Court, not lefties, doing the interpreting.

First, you will need the powerful Judicial branch willing to work with you by interpreting the Constitution instead of re-writing it. That's one other reason I would vote conservative, these folks are just as important as a President's cabinet or the other Houses of Government. I want a conservative Supreme Court, not lefties, doing the interpreting.
--------------------------------------------------------

You already have a Conservative Court, in fact its overwhelmingly to the Right. If you have read their rulings for the past 3 years they have tilted much more to the far-right than in the past 30 years.

Conservatives
Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy

Moderates
Souter, Stevens (Both are Republicans)

Liberals
Ginsburg, Breyer

Personally I believe in a balanced court, so I would subtract a conservative and add another Liberal and Moderate each.

I'm not a big fan of Obama or Clinton either, but I'm also not too comfortable with McCain as president. First time I'm voting where I don't like any of the candidates (Romney nooooooo). Where's Mary Carey when you want to vote for her again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"I have alot of problems with McCain."

MM - I am in a hurry, but at a quick glance your informative and detailed resume' of McCain apppears to mark him out as the ideal candidate for the next 4 years. Just what you need, don't treat age as the disadvantage, history says otherwise, doesn't it?

War-time President? He fits the bill, a steady hand on the tiller.

Apologies for interfering.

Last edited:
I can't vote and thank God I don't have to choose between the lot. But Obama does get a good review overhere and personally I hope he will be the next president. If he did or did not put his hand over his heart... it says absolutly nothing about his qualities of running the US. Clinton.. hmm.. I can't put my finger on it, but I have a funny feeling about her. I think she is less sincere then Obama.

P.s. by the looks of it Bush put his hands on his tummy. He must have been hungry :)

I just have a gut feeling that a true wartime President is a must for the next Oval Office position and I don't have a warm fuzzy about what Sen Clinton or Sen Obama would do when the time comes to cross swords with Middle East, South America, China, N. Korea, or Russia. Sen Obama's resume is about three pages long and Sen. Clinton is dragging an impeached husband and all his lapses of bad decisions behind.

After the 8 year disaster that Bush created, why on earth would you want to cross swords with all these countries and regions? Who is going to pay for that? Our mutual friends in Nato? We have no beef with South America... Maybe building bridges would be a better option. And if I recollect correctly, Clinton was never impeached.

Last edited:

I can dream can't I? LOL
trust me the first 2 years of me being in charge would be hell, after that I'd be reelected as many times as I put my name on the ballot.
I'd explain, but I don't think I could put it in words that make any sense.

This is my reservation about politicians who promise CHANGE to garner big votes:

If it ain't broke --- it soon will be!

-

Back