Decision 2008

I think that once we started to invade, we should have figured out that they didn't exist.

If you're being invaded, and you had WMDs, woudn't you use them?

That my friend depends on how far out there the mind is of the person owning WMD's
Personally if we were gonna invade Iraq for using WMD's we should have done it back when he tested Mustard gas on the Kurds.
Personally I'm one of the ones that don't agree with the invasion of Iraq, but what I believe is neither here nor there, they don't ask me when they make these decisions. Had anybody asked me, I'd have said hell no leave Iraq alone and conti8nue the hunt for Al-Quida until the last one of them is dead.

Well, there are those who will never leave a turn unstoned, no matter what the President says or does. Frankly, I think that the fact that we have not been hit since 9/11 speaks for itself. Al Kaida is hiding in holes in the ground and are losing by attrition alone (on their own soil) and more plots have been uncovered right here under our noses thanks to the Patriot Act.

Back up and think before you judge the President and ask yourself whether anyone could or would have done anything differently and elaborate if possible. Ifs, ands, or buts are not allowed. Fire when ready.
Oh, and cliche's are wasted time.
--------------------------------------------------
The fact that al Qaeda hasn't hit the USA has more to do with Al-Qaeda and less to do with us. After 9-11 they decided to shift their attention to America's allies rather than America itself in order to isolate us. And they have been very successful I am sorry to say, for who exactly still stands with us? Not that many. I can tell you that our security is just as much a joke today as it was on 9-11. Open Borders, unsecured ports, unreliable airport security, unprotected flight zones, you name it.

Secondly al-Qaeda is living up the life in the comfort and safety of Pakistan, you are wrong to assume they are cowering from us, all estimates and reports say they are stronger than ever.

And god yes they were things we could have done differently. Chief amongst them was to shift US military assets at Tora Bora for unnecessary War preparations in Iraq and to substitute them with unreliable Afghan troops who routinely change sides at the drop of a hat, which is exactly what happened and OBL escaped because of it.

Of course if W and his know-nothing advisers had bothered to read a history book they could have discovered this themselves. Or they could have just simply asked the British or the Russians...

Last edited:
The fact that al Qaeda hasn't hit the USA has more to do with Al-Qaeda and less to do with us. After 9-11 they decided to shift their attention to America's allies rather than America itself in order to isolate us. And they have been very successful I am sorry to say, for who exactly still stands with us? Not that many. I can tell you that our security is just as much a joke today as it was on 9-11. Open Borders, unsecured ports, unreliable airport security, unprotected flight zones, you name it.

Secondly al-Qaeda is living up the life in the comfort and safety of Pakistan, you are wrong to assume they are cowering from us, all estimates and reports say they are stronger than ever.

And god yes they were things we could have done differently. Chief amongst them was to shift US military assets at Tora Bora for unnecessary War preparations in Iraq and to substitute them with unreliable Afghan troops who routinely change sides at the drop of a hat, which is exactly what happened and OBL escaped because of it.

Of course if W and his know-nothing advisers had bothered to read a history book they could have discovered this themselves. Or they could have just simply asked the British or the Russians...

I'm out of reputation to give you, else I'd give you more with this. Well said!

Those SCUDS that Saddam fired at Kuwait when we started dropping bombs in 2003 were banned following the trust in 1991. Just throwing it out there.

Those SCUDS that Saddam fired at Kuwait when we started dropping bombs in 2003 were banned following the trust in 1991. Just throwing it out there.

Huh? Did you just went off the target from this thread or something... :-?

Judging by the above post, I would venture that this thread went off topic quite awhile ago, Fox.

Then you'll be presented with Obama vs Osama! Are you ready for that? How about a nice safe pair of hands with good ol' cosy McCain. I thought about it, and having thunk, this was the best I could come up with.
Except that is for the reports I have seen regarding Obama's 'nazi style direction 'of his electioneering video; I haven't seen it yet; is such a criticism justified? We are talking cinematograph style only, of course.

Back