Decision 2008

I'm not a big fan of Obama or Clinton either, but I'm also not too comfortable with McCain as president. First time I'm voting where I don't like any of the candidates (Romney nooooooo). Where's Mary Carey when you want to vote for her again?
yeah... or Ralph Nader! :-o

This is my reservation about politicians who promise CHANGE to garner big votes:

If it ain't broke --- it soon will be!

-

And THAT is why we all better hope that Obama is the right man for the job, he has preached "change" from the start, BUT before he gets my vote, I want to know what change?

Now just to set the record straight, I don't give a dam what color his skin is or is not. I want to know what he will do for the good of the country, which is the good for EVERYBODY, NOT just the privileged few.
I lived in Arkansas for a while therefore I will NOT vote for Hillary or Huckabee (I have my reasons)
(Hillary already had her turn running the county while Bill was under the desk, not doing anything with that woman)
As for Macain, he said the words "stay the course" Now as a Loyal to my country flag waving American I believe we can win this war (My oldest could possibly be a brain surgeon too) As a father I have a child who will turn 18 while McCain is in office, do I wan the possibility of him being drafted?
I have lost a few friends in the war so far, so Obama's thing of a pull out looks inviting since I can count my close life trusting friends on 3 fingers now.
So who do I vote for, who will do the best job? only time will tell which one of them lies to me good enough to get my vote.

The draft is the ONLY way that there will be any youth movement against the war. The few of those who care are probably already going to be in the military. The draft is the last thing that this country needs. I can guarantee you that there will be a large number of unhappy teens if there is a draft that sends them to fight for some Iraqi or Afghani that they honestly don't care about.

Wolfen, I agree with you on Obama. He keeps preaching change... but what?

I just have a gut feeling that a true wartime President is a must for the next Oval Office position and I don't have a warm fuzzy about what Sen Clinton or Sen Obama would do when the time comes to cross swords with Middle East, South America, China, N. Korea, or Russia. Sen Obama's resume is about three pages long and Sen. Clinton is dragging an impeached husband and all his lapses of bad decisions behind.

I completely agree with you on this one; we would need the president who has experienced in the military and war, and John McCain is the one in the presidential race.

My first choice is Ron Paul by far, but since that's not happening I'll probably end up voting for Obama, or McCain if Hillary gets nominated.

I completely agree with you on this one; we would need the president who has experienced in the military and war, and John McCain is the one in the presidential race.

Are we at war? Did Congress (not the President) declare war against a country? The fact is most people are concerned about the economy not the war in Iraq or terrorism. The reason people are flocking to Obama is because unlike Hillary or McCain Obama has promised to end the Halliburton oil misadventure ASAP.

I have listened to McCain, hes an honorable man and he means well, but he he suffers from the same 'reality-check' as does out president. He is a Neocon, he honest believes that military intervention is the answer for every world problem. 5 years running to date and he still hasn't been proven right.

His ideas on almost EVERY issue (Foreign policy, military, economic, immigration) are simply the continuation of the Bush Administration, and thats simply unacceptable to most. He is going to have a difficult time seperating himself from a deeply unpopular president.

No offense, but try telling that to the ones getting shot at and blown up every day.

They are in combat, but they are not in a war. Only congress can declare war, it only authorized a use of force against Saddam's non-exist, totally factitious, WMD program. Saddam is gone, So why exactly are we still there???

But a Better question is, why don't we ask them for what purpose they are getting shot and blown up at everyday? With a $6 Billion profit so far and rising, The Haliburton board of Directors thanks them for their sacrifice.

Oils well that ends well as they say...

Agreed entirely.

mission_accomplished.jpg

Doesn't that mean we get to go home?

The President always has the War Powers Act, thank God. No one called Viet Nam a war but I'll wager that DTOP will have another opinion of what war is.
mmarsh, the Haliburton whatever was never called a scandal in the news by anyone other than the Congressional Democrats and the other usual suspects. They would want an investigation committee if any Republican anywhere on Earth broke wind. I haven't heard of any Haliburton big wigs swinging from the yardarm as of yet.
And as for the makeup of the Supreme Court and other Federal Court judges, I would prefer a totally conservative one.

I personally dont see the middle east problems coming to an end anytime soon. And for that reason Id want McCain in office he has a good defensive knowledge which is whats needed in todays world.

Either way Its the lesser of two evils its seems atleast to me.

Well. I have to call it as I see it. Geo W. gave us an interview a couple of days ago, and It simply reinforced my opinion, repeat MY opinion - he came across as a good guy, a worthwhile president, having had to grasp the most poisoned chalice ever. He called it as I have always done here; it will be long time before history speaks on the subject, but for certain the time for that is not now. As it unfolds, we will understand the demons he has had to wrestle with on behalf of the west. (kindly spare me the queries as to what I mean by the west - decide for yourself.)

I must admit to a certain pleasure at his demeanour, and if it turns out I become his only supporter through all this, then that's OK with me.

And your president is no buffoon!

OK - now hit with your rhythm stick - hit me.

Are we at war? Did Congress (not the President) declare war against a country? The fact is most people are concerned about the economy not the war in Iraq or terrorism. The reason people are flocking to Obama is because unlike Hillary or McCain Obama has promised to end the Halliburton oil misadventure ASAP.

I have listened to McCain, hes an honorable man and he means well, but he he suffers from the same 'reality-check' as does out president. He is a Neocon, he honest believes that military intervention is the answer for every world problem. 5 years running to date and he still hasn't been proven right.

His ideas on almost EVERY issue (Foreign policy, military, economic, immigration) are simply the continuation of the Bush Administration, and thats simply unacceptable to most. He is going to have a difficult time seperating himself from a deeply unpopular president.

I understand that, MM, but a war is a war. The war are suppose to be ruleless....well, I'll just leave it to the members who has been in the combat action and military. Not me, obviously.

Obama got some good ideas but his issue on gun control is worst than Hillary and McCain. (Outlaw the semi-automatic firearms? WTF, Obama gotta to kidding me.)

BTW, chill off about President Bush, his second terms are almost over, so, keep all of your pants on.

:)

They are in combat, but they are not in a war. Only congress can declare war, it only authorized a use of force against Saddam's non-exist, totally factitious, WMD program. Saddam is gone, So why exactly are we still there???

But a Better question is, why don't we ask them for what purpose they are getting shot and blown up at everyday? With a $6 Billion profit so far and rising, The Haliburton board of Directors thanks them for their sacrifice.

Oils well that ends well as they say...

Declared or undeclared, war is war, do I really need a piece of paper to drop a bomb on your house? Nope all I need is a plane to get it there. I've been to a war it was never declared as a war but it was a war I've seen the result of this really neat little thing called ethnic cleansing, so until you look into the bottom of a pit full of dead bodies and see a little girl thats not quite dead yet please don't tell me what a that its not a war unless its declared, I've seen it first hand, its the same dam thing either way.
And I know for a fact there are no WMD's in Iraq this time, one of two things happened, either we got them all in '91, or Iraq had plenty of time to move them to a neighboring country before we got there this time.

I think that once we started to invade, we should have figured out that they didn't exist.

If you're being invaded, and you had WMDs, woudn't you use them?

Well. I have to call it as I see it. Geo W. gave us an interview a couple of days ago, and It simply reinforced my opinion, repeat MY opinion - he came across as a good guy, a worthwhile president, having had to grasp the most poisoned chalice ever. He called it as I have always done here; it will be long time before history speaks on the subject, but for certain the time for that is not now. As it unfolds, we will understand the demons he has had to wrestle with on behalf of the west. (kindly spare me the queries as to what I mean by the west - decide for yourself.)

I must admit to a certain pleasure at his demeanour, and if it turns out I become his only supporter through all this, then that's OK with me.

And your president is no buffoon!

OK - now hit with your rhythm stick - hit me.

Well, there are those who will never leave a turn unstoned, no matter what the President says or does. Frankly, I think that the fact that we have not been hit since 9/11 speaks for itself. Al Kaida is hiding in holes in the ground and are losing by attrition alone (on their own soil) and more plots have been uncovered right here under our noses thanks to the Patriot Act.

Back up and think before you judge the President and ask yourself whether anyone could or would have done anything differently and elaborate if possible. Ifs, ands, or buts are not allowed. Fire when ready.
Oh, and cliche's are wasted time.

For starters, they could have invaded Iraq completely. Iraq was not linked to Al Qaeda and there was no Al Qaeda in Iraq until AFTER we toppled Saddam. Iraq was simply the wrong way to go. And you cannot say that with the information we had at the time, we thought that Iraq had ties, because we had info stating otherwise, yet the invasion went ahead anyway.

And if I recollect correctly, Clinton was never impeached.

Don't know if anyone caught this or not, so here goes. Impeachment is the equivalent of an indictment, not a conviction. Bill Clinton was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice but was not convicted of either. It's an annoying and kind of confusing word (why can't they just say indictment?) but Clinton was impeached by the House but did not receive convictions from the Senate.

Back