Death Ray?

It's an interesting technilogie, but I think its a little bit heavy for the use against riots.

By rioters I assume they mean people who have engaged in looting, graffiti, and spontaneous acts of violence.

Having said that I am fine with this. Bean bags kill people, so do rubber bullets, those are currently being used by police forces, and when the police do not intervene deaths are more likely due to the stupidity of these people's actions. If one person dying means that in the end more people will be saved from killing themselves through drunken stupidity or overzealous religious fanatics whipping people into an uproar fine by me.

So i guess you'd rather see legions of riot police go to work with batons and rubber bullets?

Rabs said:
So i guess you'd rather see legions of riot police go to work with batons and rubber bullets?

I would!

Am I the only one that watches the police beat the hell out of rioting hippies from the 60s and thinks to myself, "oooooh, why not me!?!"

My guys here have been replacing the head mirrors on the M1A1 tank Commander's Independant Thermal Viewer at $30,000.00 a pop. They are made from Germanium because infrared can't see through glass. The tank commanders said that the Iraqi kids are taking them out with slingshots. I would like to see a preemptive deterrent to the little buggers. This microwave weapon just may do the trick.

so i was reading about this and the people who were used for testing had to remove glasses and contact lenses.

also metal and coinage from pocktes etc

what about the "rioters", do they get the chance to do the same? and what about people who (for whatever reason) can't get out of it's beam? what are the effects on them. to me this weapon sounds horrific

I figure this device will be used primarily in violent situations. The LA riots would be a good example. If this device saves police/soldiers lives, in a violent situation. Im all for it.

chewie_nz said:
so i was reading about this and the people who were used for testing had to remove glasses and contact lenses.

also metal and coinage from pocktes etc

what about the "rioters", do they get the chance to do the same? and what about people who (for whatever reason) can't get out of it's beam? what are the effects on them. to me this weapon sounds horrific

If you put a penny in a microwave oven, it will heat quickly but not if there is something else in the resonant cavity like meat. I think that the removal of glass and metal were precautions for the volunteers. I don't like the idea of such a high frequency being used because the shorter the wave length, the deeper the penetration. I do think that a safe distance will not pose a threat since microwaves lose strength with distance.

well, as long as it doesnt do anything to innocent people and it works.........

also, do these leave permanent effects?

Only burns if overexposed but the idea is to disperse the crowd. It's similar to an open flame on very cold fingers, it takes a while to realize it's getting hotter with time. I'm sure the exposure time is controlled.

I think 3 or so abrahms lined up across the street comeing towards you would do the same thing, well unless your incredibly stupid.

lol why not use a flamethrower and cook up some rioters. especially those violent anarchist. Burn them.

Would you like it medium rare or well-done sir?

Back