Death Ray? - Page 2

--

July 23rd, 2005  
Rabs

I figure this device will be used primarily in violent situations. The LA riots would be a good example. If this device saves police/soldiers lives, in a violent situation. Im all for it.
July 24th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
so i was reading about this and the people who were used for testing had to remove glasses and contact lenses.

also metal and coinage from pocktes etc

what about the "rioters", do they get the chance to do the same? and what about people who (for whatever reason) can't get out of it's beam? what are the effects on them. to me this weapon sounds horrific
If you put a penny in a microwave oven, it will heat quickly but not if there is something else in the resonant cavity like meat. I think that the removal of glass and metal were precautions for the volunteers. I don't like the idea of such a high frequency being used because the shorter the wave length, the deeper the penetration. I do think that a safe distance will not pose a threat since microwaves lose strength with distance.
July 24th, 2005  
ghost457

well, as long as it doesnt do anything to innocent people and it works.........

also, do these leave permanent effects?
--
July 25th, 2005  
Missileer

Only burns if overexposed but the idea is to disperse the crowd. It's similar to an open flame on very cold fingers, it takes a while to realize it's getting hotter with time. I'm sure the exposure time is controlled.
July 25th, 2005  
Rabs

I think 3 or so abrahms lined up across the street comeing towards you would do the same thing, well unless your incredibly stupid.
July 28th, 2005  
Missileer

So far, they've shown themselves to be incredibly stupid.
July 29th, 2005  
ONERING

lol why not use a flamethrower and cook up some rioters. especially those violent anarchist. Burn them.

Would you like it medium rare or well-done sir?