Death Penalty

Should the death penalty exist

• Total voters

Darkmb101

Should criminals such as murderers be given the death penalty?

I personally believe so because there are some crooks living off of federal money with more luxuries than some of the citizens.

I voted yes. The reason I think this is because I go by the saying of an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. They took someones life when it is not needed to be done, so they deserve it. Don't want to ramble on but theres my 2 cents.

My personal view is that I'm actually against. I mean don't get me wrong I have been in favor for my whole life but I've opened my eyes recently.
It's nothing like a moral, religious or spiritual obligation to not take a murderer's life- nothing like the crap of " Oh well it's nobody's right to take someone's life" and such. Religious and moral obligation should go out the window when you have a constitution saying death penalty is the law.
And people shouldn't be distracted by the non-satisfying justice machine or murderers still out on the streets- Death penalty is not a quick fix for an imperfect justice.
The only one reason why I'm against it is very simple: judiciary blunders, mistakes, errors, call it what you will. It happens so often that when DNA test are run ( After someone's execution ) or trials are reopened yrs later, they find those guys were innocents. Can you just imagine how many innocent people have been killed by the State then? I mean I would agree with DP if I had the opportunity of being positive one is guilty. Since it very often happens that innocents are put to death, though, I don't think we should enforce a disposition which makes it possible to cause even only one innocent death.
Hope you'll get what I mean.

I agree with you Italian.

The death penalty can be appropriate in certain cases, but then it must be 110% absolutely certain that he/she is guilty!
1 innocent killed is not worth it, even if it was 1 out of 10,000 guilty (or more...)

i also voted for no, because of two reasons
1. the things italianforus mentioned
2. i think that would an too easy way to get out.
I think those guys should have time the rest of their lifes to think about what tey have done. alone in a cell with 20 minutes outside per day for the rest of his life.In not such a sissy jail like we got them here...

ya kill someone you should die, no quarter, murder is wrong, its just like stealing, you steal another persons right to life. I find it sad that you only get the death penalty if the killing was done in some barbaric manner, or your lawyer is incapable.

I believe the death penalty needs to be applied if and when a person kills another pre-meditativly...and has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they are guilty.

maybee the act is not rational for a civilised society. i dont know and i wont debate it...the only thing I know is that once you put a murderer to death they dont get the chance to do it again.

I will have to disagree, mark, wether you meditate it or not you have killed someone. and why should they get another chance to kill someone?
besides they are there as an example to follow, like in the past your body would be hung up in some public place, not saying that i would support that(how barbaric!!) :D :)

about face said:
I will have to disagree, mark, wether you meditate it or not you have killed someone. and why should they get another chance to kill someone?
besides they are there as an example to follow, like in the past your body would be hung up in some public place, not saying that i would support that(how barbaric!!) :D :)

hmm okay. let propose this. you are 12 years old...the guy breaks thru the door..you take your dads gun and blow him away. wether you think about it or not..you are a murderer. Okay, so lets put that 12 year old to death.

Pre-meditated murder is when you think..plan..and execute an act of murder on a person. we usally call it 1st degree murder. we also have murder thats caused by the anger of the momment (2nd degree murder), and accidental murder, or manslaughter.

now, let me see if you have it all down..would you envoke the death penalty for all these type actions?

in actuallity..i believe that if we are to bring back public punishment..lets do it right. I believe that if you do the community wrong..you should be publicly horsewhipped. Drive intoxicated...10 lashes. destroy public property..10 lashes. and lets go further. For the young people (teens) that break the law...not only lash the teen..bring the father down and lash him too. Maybee that might generate a greater interest among the parents about what their kids are doing publicly.

Harsh? Yes. Defys the US constitution ban on Unusual and cruel punishment? At the Momment, it sure would. If enough people thought that it could work, and ammended the Constituion, would it be legal? yes it would. Would punishing the child and the parent work? Why dont you think about it, and post again.

:D

well as it is the parents job to raise the child, that would be reasonable, one problem, the government is raising kids not parents, sad, but becoming true

about face said:
that is in self defence and has never been punished, that i know of

well now you know. self defense though was never an option in 1800s England...and many a 12 year old neck wa stretched. You see they didnt diffrentiate between the act and the reason..you killed you were a murderer, and the applied the law and penalty for it.

anyhow..i think adults should raise the kids. i was being very sacastic about the horse whipping...i think :D

ItalianGuy4US said:
No you didn't get what I meant or no you're against DP?

No to DP ;)
Never ever, if so it should be done by the victims family. But preferly not, i have death penelty, im glad that Sweden stoped it before i was born heh.
Our highest penelty now is life in prison.

I think murder is murder, dosnt matter who or how its done, death penelty is in my opinion murder. Its would be just one long chain if murder should be punished with death.

alex, you are completly off base, im sorry but the truth, no matter if you like it or not is this: eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, for instance its like selling money, $20 for $5, it just dosnt work.

about face said:
for instance its like selling money, $20 for $5, it just dosnt work.

What's that mean? (by the way, feel free to contradict each other and lay out an argument as to why you believe the other opinion is incorrect, but DO NOT let this get personal)

you sell some one $5 for $20, its just like killing some one and getting 10 years for it killing=death penalty[/quote]

Back