Death Penalty

Should the death penalty exist

• Total voters
So the one executing the prisoner should be put to sleep aswell then, and so on? That would be "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" ;)

no, man, you just dont get it, the murderer has broken the law in the most extreme sense of the word, the executioner is fulfilling his lawful duty, sure its complicated, but thats the way it is

about face said:
no, man, you just dont get it, the murderer has broken the law in the most extreme sense of the word, the executioner is fulfilling his lawful duty, sure its complicated, but thats the way it is

He has a duty to murder people? Thats sick! :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark Conley said:
in actuallity..i believe that if we are to bring back public punishment..lets do it right. I believe that if you do the community wrong..you should be publicly horsewhipped. Drive intoxicated...10 lashes. destroy public property..10 lashes. and lets go further. For the young people (teens) that break the law...not only lash the teen..bring the father down and lash him too. Maybee that might generate a greater interest among the parents about what their kids are doing publicly.

Hmm I know you weren't serious but thats a novel idea. Not the part about public whippings, but punishing the father of the teen breaking the law too. I don't know if it would work and be a successful deterent, but it seems like a good idea. ;)

I think the death penalty is good. It isn't unfair in any sense. If you killed someone, you broke the law, you deprived an innocent person of living a life. You deserve death. Why have the government pay to house and feed such scum of society?

I don't mean self-defense killings. Those are purely justified and are a help to society. If those were punished, it would be highly unfair to the victim.

And about it being an easy way out, it ain't. :firedevi:

My 2 cents.

right on futere ranger, the government is overly into everything, why, they practicly pay us to live here.LoL, in twisted kind of way

I would have to go with yes on this one. I think the punishment should fit the crime. If someone murders someone out of hate(jealousy) then they deserve it. All of you that have said no, do you have kids? I can say right now, if someone were to hurt my kids I would want them dead. All of the sexual predators, what about them? Hear again think about your wives, mothers, fathers, husbands, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Age dont matter, color, gender. These are a few reasons yes.

Marksman said:
Which are................

How do you know one is fully guilty unless you catch him redhanded ?

If its impossible to catch every criminal redhanded, would you accept putting the matter at risk ?

I have to agree with ItalianGuy4US on this. And then, punishing criminals should never become revenge. Killing the murderer doesn't bring his victim back to life, so what's the use.
O and as to "an eye for an eye", what if someone was convicted for two murders, would you kill him twice? I think the penal system should concentrate on making sure murder doesn't happen (again), not on punishment.
Punishment never made a bad man good, but it could turn a good man bad.

1217 said:
Punishment never made a bad man good,

Good and dead. ;)

Seriously though, I have worked with ex-cons who are fully rehabilitated and great law-abiding citizens following their prison terms, so, unless you want to get into the whole "fundamental nature of man" argument, I believe that it is quite justifiable to say that punishment has made "bad" men good.

Back