Dear Santa, I want a 12 gauge ______ - Page 2

--

March 7th, 2008  
deerslayer

17 inch barrel, you using that for home defense? My 870 has a 24 and my Browning has a 28-inch barrel.
March 7th, 2008  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMedic
My 870 12 ga. with a 17 in. barrel is perfect.
It better be a registered NFA SBS.

Because a 17 inch barrel is one inch to short of the 1934 NFA Act.
March 7th, 2008  
FutureMedic

Its my deer gun and yes, it is registered.
--
March 7th, 2008  
deerslayer

ah, shooting slugs and/or buckshot. I can see a barrel that short for that.
March 7th, 2008  
FutureMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer
ah, shooting slugs and/or buckshot. I can see a barrel that short for that.
The short barrel makes it easy to run through the woods with.
March 7th, 2008  
major liability

I wish I lived in a less banful state so I could get a Serbu Super-Shorty. My ideal CCW.
March 7th, 2008  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMedic
The short barrel makes it easy to run through the woods with.
For running with a shotgun, I employ an ages-old technique known as "being able to shoot and look where you're going, because your weapon and line of vision should be in the same plane when said weapon is shouldered". Or, alternatively, watching where you're going and watching the barrel of your rifle at the same time.

It's a skill a lot of high school students don't have, because I always run over morons who can't walk and talk at the same time.
March 8th, 2008  
FutureMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer
For running with a shotgun, I employ an ages-old technique known as "being able to shoot and look where you're going, because your weapon and line of vision should be in the same plane when said weapon is shouldered". Or, alternatively, watching where you're going and watching the barrel of your rifle at the same time.

It's a skill a lot of high school students don't have, because I always run over morons who can't walk and talk at the same time.
By running I meant move through while having the sights up.
March 8th, 2008  
deerslayer

Right- As I understand it, when shouldered, your weapon and line of vision are in the same plane, and you're ideally conscious of your weapon's line of fire, preferably without becoming disoriented or tunelling- or at least, that's how I hunt nutria when I find running them down preferable to stalking them.
April 17th, 2008  
FULLMETALJACKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
Wow, always a speedy reply from the resident firearms expert. That's one of the reasons I <3 the milforums.

Anyways, is the Saiga-12 REALLY a piece of crap? I know the parts and mags are expensive, but that's not too much of an issue for me. What I really want to know is: it is reliable enough to bet my life on?
he does know his stuff doesnt he