Deadliest Warrior

Saw my 1st full episode last night, SEALs vs Israeli Commandos. The "hostage rescue" & shooting the pig wasn't much different than Top Shot or Mythbusters, though "Buster" isn't quite as sophisticated as the maniquins in this show. How fast you can stab a dummy doesn't seem to be a reasonable display of knife fighting.

Battles are not always about weapons, but they are about people and their will to win and this factor can never really be dealt with by a TV crew

I guess, but the Spetsnaz are probably real well trained for it. Dont the Spetsnaz also have a shovel of their own which they can use for combat? I cant remember what it was called, but I am sure it started with an S [No, not shovel! Its some other Russian word]

That's right, Sapierka, cold steel entrenching shovel with sharp edges (I have one) suppose to be one of their main close combat weapons.

Not sure why they didn't include it...?

Entrenching tool

That's right, Sapierka, cold steel entrenching shovel with sharp edges (I have one) suppose to be one of their main close combat weapons.

Not sure why they didn't include it...?

Know that brings back some memories! I haven't heard that item mentioned in years. I recall it was a bit short for digging trenches - foxholes, but since you carried it with you it had to be. And your right it makes a good close quarters weapon or so I was told when I was in. Never actually fought with one. But worked my butt off with one to dig a foxhole.
Good thought!

Back