Dead soldier's home vandalized

phoenix80

Banned
Kokomo, February 27 - For the family who lives in a modest home in Kokomo the fatal Iraq attack came last week.
Then the attack at home followed.

Vandals defaced the home of Sgt. Rickey Jones' family. Eggs were thrown and flags were stolen. Sgt. Jones, a Kokomo High School graduate, was one four soldier's with the 101st killed west of Baghdad last week.
So who, one week before his burial in his hometown, would vandalize a fallen hero's house. Neighbor Robyn Ousley is at a loss to explain.

"I have no idea. Somebody pretty, pretty awful."

Another friend, Bill Swaggerty, says there is more than vandalism for the family to deal with.
"They're calling here and saying 'I'm glad your son is dead' and it's wrong."

The family's neighbors have closed ranks, bringing food and flying flags at half-staff. All are signs of respect for Sgt. Jones.
But there is a threat of disrespect from out of state.

The same Kansas church group that has been picketing soldier's funerals around the U.S. and Indiana will be in Kokomo too. The group claims U.S. soldier deaths are punishment for U.S. tolerance of Gays.

Kokomo police will have extra security and are running extra patrols at the house. Swaggerty, a veteran himself, says he convinced Rickey Jones to join up. He can't believe Sgt. Jones' memory would be attacked in this way.

"It's wrong. He would come home on leave. His friends (were) very respectful to my wife and my family. He was a very good kid."

Swaggerty supports a move in the legislature to keep protesters back from military funerals.

Neighbor Ousley agrees. "He just went over there for us. I think it is awful." Services for Sgt. Jones are set for next Monday. In the meantime Kokomo police have increased patrols around his family's house.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4560753

-----------------------

I CANT BELIEVE THIS.

How could they do this? It is disgusting. I feel sorry for his family though.

Yeah, I am really feeling we are entering a new era of anti-Americanism within America. Up untill now it has been all about "support the troops" but you haven't heard that in a good while from the left. We could very easily be slowly marching down the same path we blazed in the Vietnam War.

The pentagon knows about bombs and bullets but how many wars will we have to lose before they learn the most important front is within our own boarders?

I think it is a damn shame and I hope some of his buddies find the one who did this.
But I can't help thinking that it is so typical American. My impression of the States is that it is prone to sharp reactions and emotions in a very short time. (Note: I am not trying to put anyone down, but this is the impression we get here in Holland.) On the one side you have this very patriotic group of people who can barely stand any criticism on any issue. On the other side you have this group trying to make a point by any means necessary. Obviously someone is trying to say he or she doesn't agree with this war, but why in such a disrespectful way? Why isn't there a mainstream path pro- and antagonists call talk without making unnecessary victims. This dead soldier's familie doesn't need this and America doesn't need this!

Freaking scumbags. If they dared did this in my town. I'd hunt them down and I know a ton of other folks that would do it to. They'd all help and I'll make sure that those punks get turned over to the proper police. Like the LEOs that sevred overseas.

Let's see, two clicks of left windage, one click of + elevation, pick a target, breathe in and out slowly two times, hold the last breath..squeeze slowly........There, problem solved.

Missileer said:
Let's see, two clicks of left windage, one click of + elevation, pick a target, breathe in and out slowly two times, hold the last breath..squeeze slowly........There, problem solved.

Marinerhodes said:
1000 meters, leave no tracks, police your brass.

When I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States, one part mentioned “All Enemies Foreign and Domestic.”

A person promoting Anti-Americanism in the United Stats is in effect inciting a civil war, something that has already been determined to be unconstitutional.

A person inciting civil war is a Domestic Enemy of this country, making them fair game as far as I am concerend.

A little windage and a little elevation???

A little windage and a little elevation sounds like it might just be a little severe for my tastes.

NOWWWWW
If the police would just back off while the picketers are ragging on the funeral procession etc ..... I'm quite sure I could find a few of my buddies who are trained in riot control that could teach some manners to a bunch of "Domestic Enemies".

Riot batons and steel toed boots at one pace applied to collar bones, arms and legs could pacify these idiots in very short order. I just believe it would be better to teach good manners than to apply deadly force to this stench against humanity.

No fun if you can't handle the problem with your bare hands. Sometimes, choking someone out is just the right thing to do.

if that happened in my town, there would be an armada of pickup trucks with shotguns patrolling that street, and when those protestors showed up, hope they werent wanting to live very long

What the hell is wrong with these people. I don't live in the US but these b******s need a bomb up their backsides. What gives them the right to violate this soldiers home especially when his family is in mourning. What a cowardice bunch they are to pick on vulnerable people. I hope this soldiers family have plenty of support and are able to gone on with their mourning process. They don't need this kind of crap!!!!

They're communist liberal hippies.

'Nuff Said...

They don't have a reason expect they hate everything with the United States of America and the freedoms that she stands for.

5.56X45mm said:
They're communist liberal hippies.

'Nuff Said...

They don't have a reason expect they hate everything with the United States of America and the freedoms that she stands for.

A person promoting Anti-Americanism in the United Stats is in effect inciting a civil war, something that has already been determined to be unconstitutional.

This is exactly what I mean with hyping the problem. Why are they communist liberal hippies? And what does "promoting Anti-Americanism" mean? Does this mean that any criticism isn't allowed? Is this your excuse to turn the US into a totalitarian state? My thought on your posts were: "There you go, same as always. This warped, extreme point of view."

You accuse these bastards (don't get me wrong, because that is what they are.) of extremism and in return you do the same. Some low-life thrashes some poor woman's house and you are talking about "inciting a civil war". Whatever gives you this idea?

Do I go around stirring anti-american feelings.
No!
Do I help the enemies of my nation.
No!
Do I dis-honor those that fight and die so I can have my freedoms.
No!

I'm not against people voicing their opinions. Hell, that is what madew this nation great. But I am against those that are destorying what our founding fathers visioned this nation as.

Those people are communists and liberals. They are trying to create a police state, limit personal freedoms and right, and make the USA as the lap dog of the UN. And I will not stand aside for these fifth columnist as they destory the United States of America.

If you ready the article you would notice that "liberal communists" were not blamed but rather an extremely conservative church group from Kansas who blamed the US toleration for gays as the primary source for this soldiers death. Of course it could also just be some neighboorhood kids in need of a good spanking...

What I dont understand is how this church group concluded that the tolerence of homosexuality was to blame. There are thousands of way to sin, and homosexuality isnt even one of the 10 Deadly sins so how on earth did they conclude it was because of gays?

Good point there mmarsh! I haven't found the link between vandalising a house and condemning homosexuality. If somebody knows, please share it with us.

Ted said:
"There you go, same as always. This warped, extreme point of view."................

You accuse these bastards (don't get me wrong, because that is what they are.) of extremism and in return you do the same. Some low-life thrashes some poor woman's house and you are talking about "inciting a civil war". Whatever gives you this idea?
We make these types of statements because we are absolutely angry that so-called Christians seem to think it's OK to attack a family in grief over some bullshit belief that has nothing to do with why a family member served his country in a war zone and gave the last bitter drop of his blood in that service. If you can't see this for yourself then I feel very sorry for you.

Maybe you are not a 'blooded warrior' and can not personally feel how we feel about this craven cowardly act.

Back