De-Vinci Code, true or farse? - Page 2

View Poll Results :What you think about the De-vinci Code?
Its true 100% 0 0%
De-Vinci wasn't sane in 1st place so what makes this? 4 15.38%
Its not true! 11 42.31%
What ever, I don't believe in religion! 3 11.54%
Why bring something up like this, it should be left to rest 5 19.23%
Don't care 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 24th, 2005  
koesters

prove that it is true and i will belive it but until then its not true
March 24th, 2005  
behemoth79

i believe the title of the book that disproves the da vinci code is Decoding The Da VInci Code. not sure who wrote it though.
March 24th, 2005  
CDTGaticaW201

Eh, since this dead thread was revived I'll add in my thoughts. It's definetely not true at all. Sure some of it seems viable with Rosslyn Chapel as it's where most believe the Templars truly did hide it. The thing that confuses people the most is that so much of the fiction is tied in with fact that it almost makes you believe it all.

I'm a Demolay, which is a Masonic youth organization, and I've done a lot of research on the Knights Templar, especially Jacques Demolay and I do believe that they possessed the Holy Grail....given that it is a tangible item.

Now if it in fact is a bloodline, well....I have no idea. From Brown's books though, most if not all mentions of the Templars or Freemasons are in a way twisted or just incorrect.

Damn good read though.
--
Boots
March 24th, 2005  
WarMachine

Brown'a book is a culmination of all the christian conspiracy theories in the last 1000 years or so. How else do you explain tying everything into everything else? It's just not logical. He was probably just trying to sell his book, think about it, it sounds like a movie script waiting to happen; as if that was his intention. Afterall, we haven't had a good European set thriller for awhile.

Why would anyway take a serial novel so seriously anyway?
March 24th, 2005  
CDTGaticaW201

It actually is being made into a movie. Tom Hanks is set for Langdon and Audrey Tautou is Sophie.
March 24th, 2005  
KC72

its as false as a big false thing on false day
March 24th, 2005  
06USMC

I dont care if its true or false.
May 29th, 2005  
MontyB

I dent tend to believe in any of these "code" discoveries (Da Vinci, bible etc.) as most sceptics point out you can find codes in almost every decent sized book if you use the right algorithms to prove it they found references to Clinton in Moby Dick (maybe there is something in it after all).

I also agree that people seem to be taking these books and Dan Browns ones far too seriously given that the authors have generally stated they are works of fiction using bits of history as a background.