de Nijmeegse Vierdaagse (March)

--

January 15th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

Topic: de Nijmeegse Vierdaagse (March)

Hey, just wondered who will be there- would be a nice opportunity to meet. I'd be happy to see some of you there- if you don't know what it is inform yourselves- almost every country sends a delegation to the 4 day-march in Nijmegen- Netherlands. (4x40km). As for the German Military- it's the only march-medal we may actually attach to our service uniform .
So please raise your hands- i will be there (July)
July 14th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

I'll push my thread here- I'll be in Nijmegen starting with July 18th.
Last chance to arrange a meeting there if some of you are there.
July 14th, 2009  
A Can of Man

I guess no one else on this board will be there.
Good luck and have fun!
--
July 14th, 2009  
KJ

I have been before, it is a rather nice way to meet people of similar minds and have a few nice days together.
Unfortunatly this year I couldnīt get away.

Have fun and donīt forget to enjoy the scenery..

//KJ.
July 14th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

Thank you
July 14th, 2009  
Mikefrombelgium

dammit, i was looking to go obj, but i cant make it this year it would have been cool to actually meet someone from this forum.
July 14th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

Yes it would . Since there are so many soldiers from different nations there I had hoped to see at least one of you guys... seems that I am wrong.
Well I'll report back to you . Heard there is also a big party in town and soldiers in uniform won't have any problems getting into contact with locals...
July 14th, 2009  
Mikefrombelgium

if you are ever in belgium let me know well go try all the local beers
July 14th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

been there done that, I miss Kriek (preferably bellevue)- still my favourite. In Germany everyones bitching about mix-beers like Kriek because it is against 'German purity law', well they drink stuff like wheat beer with banana juice, sickos .
But I'd like to 'test' some of the many beers with you some time.
Belgium owns Beer, in fact a belgium international company owns the rights of most German beers as well (forgot the name, formerly known as Interbru I think)
July 14th, 2009  
Mikefrombelgium

yeah it now has a strange name something with inbev in it

but i have some beers that are so local only a handfull is made each year and is very hard to get outside of belgium