de Nijmeegse Vierdaagse (March)

ObjSRgtLw

Hey, just wondered who will be there- would be a nice opportunity to meet. I'd be happy to see some of you there- if you don't know what it is inform yourselves- almost every country sends a delegation to the 4 day-march in Nijmegen- Netherlands. (4x40km). As for the German Military- it's the only march-medal we may actually attach to our service uniform ;).
So please raise your hands- i will be there (July)
180px-Goudenkruis_vierdaagse14.jpg
image82.jpg

I'll push my thread here- I'll be in Nijmegen starting with July 18th.
Last chance to arrange a meeting there if some of you are there.

I have been before, it is a rather nice way to meet people of similar minds and have a few nice days together.
Unfortunatly this year I couldn´t get away.

Have fun and don´t forget to enjoy the scenery..

//KJ.

Last edited:
dammit, i was looking to go obj, but i cant make it this year it would have been cool to actually meet someone from this forum.

Yes it would ;). Since there are so many soldiers from different nations there I had hoped to see at least one of you guys... seems that I am wrong.
Well I'll report back to you ;). Heard there is also a big party in town and soldiers in uniform won't have any problems getting into contact with locals...

been there done that, I miss Kriek (preferably bellevue)- still my favourite. In Germany everyones bitching about mix-beers like Kriek because it is against 'German purity law', well they drink stuff like wheat beer with banana juice, sickos ;).
But I'd like to 'test' some of the many beers with you some time.
Belgium owns Beer, in fact a belgium international company owns the rights of most German beers as well (forgot the name, formerly known as Interbru I think)

yeah it now has a strange name :p something with inbev in it :p

but i have some beers that are so local only a handfull is made each year and is very hard to get outside of belgium :)

I tried the new and stronger beer of Jupiler- tasted quite good though I don't remember it's name... where do I join this group and who started to speak about 'witches' ? ;)

hahaha yeah sometimes my english is not soo good :) i meant something else, and that group is a social group i created here on the forums

Almdudler is good (but not a beer) and so is Austrian beer (not bad at all) but there is a beverage that is a mix of the two. Avoid at all costs.

I've been to Nijmegen 3 times before ObjSRgtLw.
I'm not going this year but I have several colleagues/friends that are going.

Will you walk with your unit, or are you walking "solo"??
I've been there with a unit 2 times and walked alone 1 time (even if you "never walk alone" there.. :p )

GREAT beer-tent in camp Heumensoord, had a lot of good parties there.. :D

Heard there is also a big party in town and soldiers in uniform won't have any problems getting into contact with locals...
Oh yeah... :rambo:

Good luck, and please keep us posted how it goes (if you're able to stay on your feet when the day is over :p )

I wanted to do the marches several times over, but haven't gotten a chance yet. Say hello to the Canadian Contingent.

Back