DD214 corrections?

CavScout

This is primarily for US armed forces individuals/Veterans. Any one ever have to do any DD214 corrections? Like maybe they forgot to put an award on it or they put wrong dates of service or something like that and if so how long did it take? How hard was it to have it done? I am currently trying to get a forgotten foreign award put on my DD214from back in the mid 80's. I am going through a US federal group online called "ACTS online".

My 214 was short one award star on my Sea Service Deployment Ribbon. But I caught during Out process. I have a friend who's 214 didn't have his Jump Wings on it and it took about 7 months and alot of redtape to get the corrections done and another to get the new 214 issued.

It's your Discharge Document. It lists all your military service information.
Training, MOS, awards dates of service etc.

Mine is missing my Schuzenschnur braid/medal I received from the 52Panzergrenadier group in 1987. I still have the original paperwork I received from that German unit and it is an approved foreign decoration so I submitted that along with my change request and was told it could take up to 12 months, but I was just curious if any one else had success/failure stories.

Back