David Poyer

rock45

Just pick up a new one from David Poyer called "Korea Strait" I'm only on page 61 so it's too early to tell if it's worth picking up for all. So far so good it's going to be a North vs South shoot-em up type I believe. Haven't read one of his books in a long time, I think I read the MED and maybe the The Gulf, many moons ago.

PS: To all still looking for fiction military books with Typhoons, Rafale's, and or Su-30 Flankers, in the stories.

Thanks

Update

Been busy but the lead up is boring finally they tracking 2 subs heading for the Korea Strait. It seems like everybody chain smokes in South Korea and Japan is disliked very much among other tip bits in the book. For the past 60 pages it's just not drawing you in like a good book does. Details like ship facts, equipment, locations, he does well just not enough action so far.

Update 2

Yes it does have some action a South Korea Frigate was sunk by what might be a Chinese sub? Either a Chinese or North Korean sub is carrying nuclear materials and is trying to get into position near southern South Korea to block the USN from putting carries or heavy re-supply into the region. To me that line or plot a little weak and there a North Korean invasion fleet coming south. I didn't know North Korea had a fleet to do such a thing.

[FONT=&quot] More later
[/FONT]

Back