Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Donkey

Normally I am not a huge fan of these types of games. However after playing the demo for this one I have to say it is very impressive.

It is an RPG that is almost like an FPS sans guns (instead you have swords, bows, and magic). The game has some awesome graphics and damn cool sword play.

Check it out for your self [SIZE=-1]www.darkmessiahgame.com/

[/SIZE]Just to warn you there is a known issue with the demo, some people may not get it to work right away. The problem is thanks to MS and changing the way INI files are delt with, they did this without telling many major software devlopers. Go figure right...lol... It is an easy fix though and some of you may have already had it fixed with an update to XP. (it affected many more programs than just this)

It's basically an action oriented version of elder scrolls or the upcoming gothic 3. I'm suprised by the number of fantasy based games with open ended gameplay coming out, especially since they take a lot of work to create.

Yeah but the immersion factor of this game is huge....The gfx are sooooo sweet and the physics kicks ass you can pick up and move just about everything...You can stack boxes and bodies on the fires and whatch them go up in flames...It's damn impressive...

I just tried the demo, and it looks really promising..

Anyone tried the full game yet??

I thoroughly enjoy the Elder Scrolls series, but I was unimpressed with the Might and Magic demo. Maybe I'll pick it up once it hits the bargain bin.

I have been told that you wont be overally impressed if you have played Oblivion. However even then the sword work and physics make this game a lot of fun.

I personally haven't tried the full version yet.

I got the demo again when I realized I played it on my puter before the upgrade. (Doubled the processor speed, Ti4600 to a 7600GS, etc.) It hit me a bit better this time. I might rethink that bargain bin bit.

Ah. I see. It's not in stores in Kuwait yet?

Its a long complicating story. I dont know if its in stores here, I havent checked, but I am sure they will be here, nearly every famous games make it. If its really famous enough it might reach in a few weeks after being released in Europe. Thing is, they are extremely expensive (steam is much much cheaper/ keeps me update with updates to the game and is released earliyer. thats why I want to get it via steam). Thats not the issue though.
I tried to get Dark Messiah via steam, but when I was undergoing the process of purchasing it, an error message poped at me, and gave me a big list of countries which the game is not available to via steam:

namely:

Africa:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of The Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire), Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Asia:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

Eastern Europe:
Bulgaria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Yugoslavia, UAE (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait (dont know why its in east europe), Jordan and Qatar)

so I contacted ubisoft and asked when will the game be available, and mostly, why is it not available? Well, they didnt know and said it was Steams problem. So I contacted steam, told them the same thing and lol, they told me it was Ubisofts problem, so everyone is blaming the other. I told Steam about this, that everyone is pointing at the other, and well no use. I also told the same thing to ubisoft. Both seem to be lost.. ahhh well :type: I'll get Neverwinter Nights 2 anyway. I have heard negative things about Dark Messiah, not much good stuff.

That really bugs me though, Medieval Total WarII is also avialable via steam, but only countries in North and South America would be able to get it. But the store I get my games from over here told me that they will bring Medieval Total war II, and the guy knows I like RTS games so he will store a game for me, yeah I am a good customer :mrgreen:

The only negatives I have heard is one it isn't like Oblivion and second multi-player is a little rough on the edges.

However the graphics are sick and the physics are superb. But if you aren't a huge fan of this genre and you have Oblivion you should just wait until it is a bargain bin price.

Ok so I couldnt get the game from steam... but! I got it from a store :camo:

Something interesting. I bought the CD, and then it asked me if I wanted to merge it with steam which I did. So now, it will automatically update etc etc etc. Yipeee!! 8)

Back