Darfur not genocide says UN

Well if the UN classified it as genocide then by charter they would have to take action. We know that ain't gonna happen. Ask Rwanda :roll:

HI,

i know UN bashing is in Full Swing and In fashion these days ........................BUT .

European Union Mission Which whet to Dafur said they didn't find any Evidence of Genoside

Aferican Mission ( under African Union ) that Went to dafur reported they didn't find any Signs of Genoside .

and i belive they are all wrong and just because USA said it's a genoside........ we all should close our eyes and accept it as genoside :roll: .

It's a Act of Crime Against Humanity No Doubt..............and the Purparators should be brought to book .................. but to Qualify as genoside it has to Fullfil certain Crieteria which in this case it's not .

Peace
-=SF-13=-

From the article that started this thread:

"Generally speaking, the policy of attacking, killing and forcibly displacing members of some tribes does not evince a specific intent to annihilate, in whole or in part, a group distinguished on racial, ethnic, national or religious grounds."

Okay so if they're just tribes it's not genocide huh? So what is wrong in the larger group is okay in the smaller? Who determines the numbers?

"The commission goes on to say that it recognizes that in some instances, individuals -- including Sudanese government officials -- "may commit acts with genocidal intent."

So how many government officials does it take to qualify as genocide?

They classify it as Crimes Against Humanity. Because if they call it Genocide they have to act. They don't want to act, they don't have the resources and they don't have the fortitude to do anything other than condemn the actions.

The UN is more and more reminding me of one of those neighborhood committees that ***** at you if you don't mow the lawn just "so", regulate what color you can paint your house and complain if your kid leaves his bike on the sidewalk. But if your house is broken into and they see it happening they don't call the police because they don't want to get "involved" and if your house burns down they just sit around and watch.

Hi,

They classify it as Crimes Against Humanity. Because if they call it Genocide they have to act. They don't want to act, they don't have the resources and they don't have the fortitude to do anything other than condemn the actions.

You mean the Europian Union report or the Aferican Union Report or the UN report ..............because they all have sent their teams to Dafur and the teams reported that the wide spread killings don't amount to genoside.

Why do you think they all are lying ?

US without Sending a team on the grownd would like to make a preformed notion about what happned there .

It not about Numbers it's more about Intent ..............Genoside is States Intent to Systametically Eliminate a ethinic group as a State Policy ................while some Elements of the State could be involved .............to amount to a genoside it should be a State's Policy.

The Dafur team was headed by Italian judge Antonio Cassese

The other members of the panel are:

* Egyptian Mohammed Fayek
* Diego Garcia-Sayan of Peru
* Hina Jilani from Pakistan
* Ghanaian Therese Striggner Scott.

Source

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Two words: Cop out

So if you don't want your state to be labeled as committing genocide you just have some members of the government deny it? Gee, wonder why that didn't work for Hitler?

Hi,

So if you don't want your state to be labeled as committing genocide you just have some members of the government deny it?

I think that's the very purpose of sending a Investigating team ....................we humans generally don't acept out Crimes easily. :roll: .................so we need someone to investigate it and get the truth out.

and you are not Accepting the reports of Three independent teams that went there on the ground ?

Peace
-=SF-13=-

As 03USMC said;

"They classify it as Crimes Against Humanity. Because if they call it Genocide they have to act. They don't want to act, they don't have the resources and they don't have the fortitude to do anything other than condemn the actions."

Okay lets break it down.

UN- If their team finds genocide and reports it they must act by charter. That's not gonna happen.

African Union- Provides alot of Peace Keepers for UN missions , is funded by accepting roles in UN Missions. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Plus they have a way of letting tribal issues cloud their missions.

EU- At present how could they respond they have little outside Euro Corps. Can't report Genocide with no solution.

So Sword put all the faith you want into their findings and rest assured that they are right and we are wrong. Excuse me if I lack your confidence in these Organizations.

Like Dave Chappelle said as Black George Bush, "UN, you have a problem with that? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your Army. OH! WAIT A MINUTE! YOU DONT HAVE AN ARMY! I guess that means you need to: shut the f**k up!"

Sorry I couldnt help but bring that to topic

Hi,

For ones of you interested here is that Complete 172 page Report that the Commission Submitted to the UN after it's Investigation

UN report on Darfur

UN is as Good as it's members can be and as bad as it's members can be ..........if all the members behave it would be a good ogranisation ..............as members are what constitues the Posts in UN .

sometimes there will be Times when the UN would not agree with what you Think dosen't mean it's on the wrong track ...........

Peace
-=SF_13=-

The UN will come out with a convenient answer.
They are professional bullsh1tters. They can twist words to the point where there is no difference between red and blue.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but isn't the basic defenition of Genocide, the extermination of a race. If so that would mean the Janjaweed who are killing only African Sudanese, are practising Genocide.
IMO There should be a force sent to Sudan to prevent more killings. I would suggest to keep them there until the UN gets its act together, but god knows when that will be

Back