Danish soldier killed and 5 injured in Iraq - Locals dancing on the wreck..

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
COPENHAGEN, Denmark: A Danish soldier was killed and five other Danes and an Iraqi interpreter were injured in a gunbattle and roadside bomb attack Monday in southern Iraq, the army said.
A convoy of Danish army vehicles was on a routine patrol near Basra when the bomb exploded, killing one soldier and injuring two others, army officials said.
Three further Danish soldiers and the interpreter were injured as the unit came under small arms fire following the explosion, said Maj. Kim Gruenberger of the Danish Army Operational Command. The injured were in stable condition.
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/05/14/europe/EU-GEN-Denmark-Iraq.php

And the locals where cheering and dancing on the APC wreck... :cen:
Video here: http://atvs.vg.no/player/index.php?id=9189

RIP brother! :salute2:

It's yet another demonstration of ignorant people with no regard for human life or an iota of common decency.

May the victims of this culture of wanton violence RIP :salute2:

Brings back memories of the pics following 9/11.

Wanna dance, ****ers? Here, I'll set the rhythm with my SAW!

Henrik Nøbbe who died was a close friend of one of my military buddies. It was his old platoon that got ambushed.
Another soldier got his toe shot off + he got paralyzed in his food. Another one had to have his Hand amputated i believe it was.

The day that i talked to some of the soldiers who participated in the attack was one of the angriest days in my life. But rest assured, we will get our revenge ten fold! (sp?)

So much for "winning the hearts and minds" Captain.
Funny, I had always thought the Denmark better liked in the World, sort of like the Canadians on the World Stage.... but, perhaps it is just because the Danes are under British Command in Iraq.

But rest assured, we will get our revenge ten fold! (sp?)

Last I heard Denmark is due to drawdown all of its ground troops in Iraq this summer and send over a Helicopter Unit in place, is this still the plan?
You should have good video to identify those involved, will your Helo Unit be an Attack Helicopter Squadron?

Last edited:
OPSEC.

Yessus man, this is an open forum viewed by all and sundry around the globe. How about we diagram out battle plans and list all the TO&E for all units currently in and about to be deployed.

:cen:

A veteran would know better.

So much for "winning the hearts and minds" Captain.
Funny, I had always thought the Denmark better liked in the World, sort of like the Canadians on the World Stage.... but, perhaps it is just because the Danes are under British Command in Iraq.

Last I heard Denmark is due to drawdown all of its ground troops in Iraq this summer and send over a Helicopter Unit in place, is this still the plan?
You should have good video to identify those involved, will your Helo Unit be an Attack Helicopter Squadron?

First off, never heard of the incident involving certain cartoons huh?
Here´s a hint for ya. "The Stan".
A few brews are still owed to those Dutch zoomies.

Second, DO NOT violate OPSEC on an open board ****wit!
Future deployments is and always will be OPSEC.
You should know that.

Last edited:

There's still time :pirate2:

Back