Danish intelligence risk assessment.

Seehund

Banned
The Danish Defence Intelligence Service (DDIS) has just published its annual intelligence risk assessment.

The intelligence risk assessment provides a current assessment of conditions abroad affecting Denmark's security. It outlines present and potential threats in a 10-year perspective, focusing on areas where Danish forces are deployed, on terrorist networks abroad threatening Denmark and Danish interests, including deployed Danish forces, as well as on conflict and crises areas worldwide.

The DDIS Intelligence Risk Assessment 2010 has been prepared on the basis of classified reports; however, it has been prepared with all-inclusive accessibility in mind. This has impacted on the wording in the assessment and on the number of details included.

http://fe-ddis.dk/SiteCollectionDocuments/FE/Pressearkiv/2010/Intelligence%20Risk%20Assessment%202010%20GB.pdf

Small question, why is it public? and why is it in English by the way?

And I've done some reading, that's some serious work. The real problem is indeed the Sunni extremist groups outside AQ's main network.

But I want to know why they said that Russia's interests in the Antarctic wont cause military conflicts...

Because there is nothing in this report that are a Security risk for Denmark or our allies. The Danish military intelligence service also has a public service function as a facilitator of information. There is nothing odious about it, most intelligence agencies do. Try to visit the CIA website and see how much information is publicly available.

It is available in both Danish and English.

Now it was not Russia's interests in Antarctic areas but in the Arctic. We solve our problems with dialogue; it has been a long tradition. Denmark and Russia have a good relationship to each other and actually we have had several more controversies concerning the Arctic with the Canadians than the Russians.

My bad, I get confused with the names...

But Russia could risk an armed conflict with the US and Canada to control the oil in that area. If they wont attack their neighboring countries, maybe it wouldnt be the same with their old cold war arch enemy (USA)...

And if there is a conflict in the area, it may destabilize the whole region, and it might eventually affect the Danish territories somehow...

An armed conflict with the United States, Canada or Denmark is in principle an attack on NATO. And this is not in Russia's interest. The problems which may arise, all parties are committed to resolve by peaceful means.

Back