dangerous boot polish

If

If your shoeshine is explosive/flamable, shouldent this discussion be moved to military equipment?!
All of this reminds that my father(Lt. Colonel Ret.) hates people who dont shine their shoes...He is sort of obsessive with heaving his shoes shined and has a shoeshine kit next to his bed....

hehe, yeah... i have these little instant shine wipes i carry around for my JROTC friends when they don't shine their boots... i hate when they look bad

man you remind me of...well, me. I lit my polish on fire on top of a towel, and the damn tin tipped over. Towel caught on fire, and I dowsed the SOB in water....now there's black kiki splattered on my wall :oops:

haha... yeah the can is flammable... thast how i about burnt my house down cause i was tryin to get the damn thing in a plate of water and completely missed it... it kinda sucked

Some of you guys are hopeless :p ! Setting the shoe polish on fire? Steel wool? Can I point out this is LEATHER we are talking about here?

Too much abuse and the leather will deteriorate on you and you are out one each pair of boots. CrazyCadet142, by all means use the Parade Gloss as it’s possibly the best thing that Kiwi ever made. Cold water and a soft cloth (try an old T-Shirt) are all you need to polish boots (presuming they are smooth leather ones).

You need to watch out how much you use saddle soap as I have found that it tends to dry out the leather too much over time. I quit using it and switched to Lexol-pH, which is a bit milder, and works to preserve the leather - it also comes in very small containers so you can try it out without buying the 1 liter bottles :) ). Most Tack and Feed stores carry it (I use it on my saddles and bridles too).

What do you ride, Gunner13? Up till last Wednesday I had me a nice sleek one horsepower 16.5 hand Paint with silver racing stripes.
:lol:

Damn

If i dident know better id think your army is too darn tidy and clean to go to war....Every time i see american soldiers i envy your uniforms and style....We had no time to develop that....I read in some book about military psycology that the Israeli Army is the only example of a non-diseplend, untidy yet regular army to have major sucses.....

Redneck: Noramally I ride either of two thoroughbred my wife and I own (I'm too tall for our pony) - our mare (Lolita) is 17.5 and our gelding (Gunny) is 17. Hey I'm 6' 4", so I need a larger horse (dragging your heels on the ground stirs up way too much dust. A Paint with silver racing stripes? Sounds very nice.

Sherman105 - Yeah, sometimes we do go too far with the "looking sharp” bit and it can get in the way. It has been said (accurately?) of the Israeli Army that no one and nothing can make an Israeli soldier clean up, but his NCOs will raise Hell if his weapon and equipment aren’t clean and ready for action.

CrazyCadet142: I clean them up. The point it to not let the polish and dirt build up like that - PMCS.

Got yourself some big horses there, Gunner13. I like thoroughbreds, my one remaining horse is a quarterhorse-thoroughbred cross, nice long back and good stamina (at least about 10 years ago haha, he's 32 now, haven't been able to ride him in quite a few years).

They were both bred for the race track, although the mare never raced (no interest) and the gleding is retired after an injury. 32 years old - wow! As much as I like vehicles and engines, I am sure I missed something by not being in the old horse army.

Definitely in the same corner there. I can't place my finger on the exact quote or author right now, but during the first World War someone said that even if they were not much use in trench warfare, at least the cavalry brought a touch of class to the battlefield.

My grandmother has an old photograph from the turn of the 20th century of a cavalry troop from back down in Missourri, and more than half of them were related to me in some way. Family fighting unit hooah. :lol:

Re: Damn

sherman105 said:
If i dident know better id think your army is too darn tidy and clean to go to war....Every time i see american soldiers i envy your uniforms and style....We had no time to develop that....I read in some book about military psycology that the Israeli Army is the only example of a non-diseplend, untidy yet regular army to have major sucses.....

it is used mostly for discipline.. and in america, a tidy appearence gets more respect then someone that looks like they haven't looked in the mirror. Also, it makes you proud of who you are when you look tidy and clean... mostly for discipline tho.. and it takes discipline....

hahaha... my shine is envious... but i feel much more pride in my uniform, which is a symbol of our military, when it is pressed and polished... now when i'm out in the field... i don't give a hoot

hehe.. y'all make me smile.

Okay, here's the trick to an easy yet gorgeous shiny boot.

1. Kiw.. or Lincoln Wax
2. Cold Water
3. A tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol
4. an old brown t-shirt
5. Patience...

Take the lid to the kiwi and fill it with very cold water, then add a tiny bit of alcohol to that.. use your brown t-shirt to rub on the kiwi (or lincoln wax).. lots, don't be afraid.. and make sure to use the water.. with the t-shirt wrapped around your fingers swirl in tiny circles.. no need to press hard, its gonna take a while.. but the result is amazing.. and it last at least a week in garrison.

Oh! And about us being a "pretty" army... I gave a brief the other day to some high brass.. my boots were mirrors, my uniform felt like cardboard it had so much starch, and my LBV had the blackest buttons along with stuffed ammo pockets.. cus it looks "nice"... heaven forbid i be able to put something in them. Haha... gotta love it!

Respectfully,
PFC Natalie Hughes

AIRBORNE!

put it this way, when our soldiers aren't in war, they are expected to keep up discipline, but when they are in the war zone and stuff, there are gonna be some pretty pissed people if their best soldier gets shot cause someone was busy makin sure their uniform looked perfect... it just gives a country pride to see their soldiers lookin sharp

I pray to God no right minded soldier will be squaring away his/her boots and uniform when the shit hits the fan..

I won't.

Respectfully,
PFC Natalie Hughes

whip cream

The marines taught and told me to use whip cream. If you rubbed it in enough you couldsee your reflection. You have to keeprubbing it in and let it be absorbed for a few minutes. When your done the boots should be sparkly clean.

Back