Damn Ruger Firearms and their viral marketing....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc have been doing something new to the firearms market. VIRAL MARKETING.... They have released rumors and information about a possible new firearm that they are releasing. They have had "New Members" of many firearm forums spread the rumors about the new pistol.

They have not release any photos or allowed any firearm publications review the firearm in question.

All they have done is released a name. Ruger SR-9.... Everything else is all internet rumors. No one ones what caliber, size, design of action, magazine capacity, or even the color of the grips. Some think it means Striker Fired 9mmor Sturm, Ruger 9mm. Also some believe that the nine means the magazine capacity since many Ruger fans have asked for a small Conceal Carry type pistol but that nothing has been released so far.

This goes 100% against Ruger's marketing actions. When they released the Ruger P345 pistol. They pushed it in Firearm Publications and released photos and reviews about 9 months before the release of the pistol. Nothing with with one....

Someone on Guns America has one for auction but no picture or information. More then likely a Ruger plant....

As for Ruger themselves. Here is their information.

Ruger PDF File

Ruger Auction of the SR-9

If they want to play stupid marketing games, I could play them also, I would absolutely ignore them and not show the slightest interest in it.

Any product that's worth it's salt does not need gimmicky marketing strategies. It'll sell on it's own recognizance. Contact them and let them know it.

I just see it interesting... this is a new thing in the firearms community. Nothing like this has really happened. Sure, a couple of firearm appeared from nowhere but that was because they were made by some little company in a garage and then became popular. This is a huge firearms company (Sturm, Ruger & Co Inc. is America's largest right now) that is doing this. It is creating a lot of buzz on the net and in the gun shops. I have noticed the selling of Ruger P345s and Ruger P89s have increased. Same with their double and singe action revolvers. Their .22s have always been big sellers.

Well, the info has been released....

http://www.downrange.tv/ruger/index.htm

sr9-1.jpg

RUGER SR9 SPECS
Striker fired
Caliber: 9mm Parabellum (9mm x 19)
Capacity: 17+1, 10+1
Barrel: 4.125’’ Stainless Steel Weight: 26.5 oz. (w/empty
magazine)
Overall Length: 7.55’’
Overall Height: 5.52’’
Overall Width: 1.27’’ (over safety thumb levers)
Trigger Pull Weight: 6.5 lbs.
Trigger Pull Length: .48’’
Slide Finish: Brushed Stainless
Slide Material: Through-Hardened Stainless Steel
Frame Material: High Performance Glass-Filled Nylon
Comes with black polyethylene, blow-molded case; instruction manual; external locking device; and two magazines.

Last edited:
Looks like a Glock/Sigma. Lets see how she does... Luis your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to purchase said firearm and put 5000 rounds through it and report back how she shoots... recoil, climb, shot grouping, jams...

Looks like a Glock/Sigma. Lets see how she does... Luis your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to purchase said firearm and put 5000 rounds through it and report back how she shoots... recoil, climb, shot grouping, jams...

No, I will not purchase another firearm in a system that I don't already own magazines, holsters, and parts for.....

I'm sitting this one out. Let soemone else be the test monkey. I hope that Ruger makes a good product but I'm done. No more firearms in calibers that I don't own. No more firearms in which I have to purchase new magazines, parts, holsters, and other itens for. It really puts a drain on my cash flow.

It looks very tidy, but the truth is in the shooting. It may turn out a classic, or it may just be another "also ran".

Back