Damn Liberal Run Media!!!!!!!

I think this is somewhat of a wasted effort as I am almost certain every other country involved is in exactly the same situation hell I havent recieved my xmas card from the Salvation Army and I think I deserve one for my $50 donation but then from an american view point its obvious they hate me?

Challenging someone to find an incidence of positive acclaim with no negatives is an impossibility as almost all involvement falls into the winners and losers catagory.

As for your triple dog dare... well I really cant be bothered looking too hard but a quick google threw this up so it will do as a "quick" response.

[URL="http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0304/09/lol.15.html"]http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0304/09/lol.15.html[/URL]

This concerns the war in Iraq and as we know that started receiving negative response from the get go.

I triple dog dare you to show me where in the past 10 years the US has been given any kind of positive acclaim in the international community with no one at all to naysay what was done.

You can't. There will always be news outlets that will criticize what the US has done. That is the entire point I was trying to make. No matter what we do, whether it be good, bad or stay neutral there will be several someones to criticize the US and it's actions. Then you will have more and more people jump on the bandwagon and start in on conspiracy theories and all this other jazz.

But all this aside, what to do with the detained personnel at GITMO? If you say release them then I ask under what circumstances? The reason I ask this is because that is popular consensus. But their countries of origins don't want them back. So what to do with them?

But all this aside, what to do with the detained personnel at GITMO? If you say release them then I ask under what circumstances? The reason I ask this is because that is popular consensus. But their countries of origins don't want them back. So what to do with them?

I really dont understand why returning these people dosnt fall under the international rules on deportation (Not that I have a great deal of knowledge on the subject) and if these rules dont apply then its about time they were made to apply.

Basically I look at it from the point of view that these people are either (a)innocent or (b)minor players and no longer considered dangerous and are now being released.
In the case of option (a) I cant see why their country wont take them back and for option (b) they should be turned over to the nearest authority of that nation, in both cases I assume that would be their respective embassies in order to sort out travel documents.

If these governments wont take them then its perhaps time to look at that government and its pressence in your country after I am sure there can be enough political pressure applied to solve this issue.

Incidently I am not suggesting closing GITMO as I dont have an issue with it other than the one about them not having a real classification, "detainee" doesnt really cover it. As I see it they are either POW's or suspected criminals and should be treated accordingly.

Last edited:
Some countries can hold people for long times....

I mean just look at the recent case with Aruba....

From what I have read some countries can detain someone indefinitely, but because most the west doesn’t do this we get shafted when we do it to people that want to kill us....makes sense I say

If we haven’t learned anything yet the terrorists use our freedoms against us...

And I don’t give a rats ass who you are if you are getting detained in Gitmo you where more likely up to no food or associating with people up to no good either way you should have thought about what ya did before you did it....

Being "PC" is what got us into this mess in the first place anyways....

Umm I think you have missed the point of the discussion, we are talking about people that are being released from Gitmo and what to do if their country does not want them back. This has nothing to do with those they are not releasing.

Umm I think you have missed the point of the discussion, we are talking about people that are being released from Gitmo and what to do if their country does not want them back. This has nothing to do with those they are not releasing.

Actually we are talking about prison camps and biased media....

I did not miss the point and perhaps you did since people where talking about closing Gitmo...I was just saying that many countries detain people for long times and nothing gets said about it, but when the US does it to people that are suspected of wanting to KILL or HARM westerners their is a problem...

Like I said us being so "PC" is doing nothing but causing problems...

Back