Dale Jr. talking to suiters

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
The car owners are calling and #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. is ready to listen. In fact, NASCAR's most popular driver is enjoying the courtship part of free agency. Earnhardt said Friday he's had preliminary talks with potential employers, and his sister has been prioritizing all of his options. He announced last week that he was leaving DEI, his late father's company, at the end of the season. "It's really neat to get down to the core of some of these guys and understand 'em more," Earnhardt said. "It's a big new world out there. I'm really excited about my opportunities and the possibilities and what's going to be on the table and I'm excited about how the response has been from some of the owners. Their excitement really makes you feel appreciated and makes you feel necessary and like you'd be an asset - which is a great feeling." Earnhardt wouldn't reveal who he has spoken to so far, and said early discussions had yet to produce a clear favorite. But he's been surprised at how nice the owners have been. His sister, Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, also has spoken to several teams and has scheduled meetings with others as she negotiates her brother through the biggest free agency period in NASCAR history.(Associated Press)(5-19-2007)

Back