Dad of a fallen Marine perseveres against protests at military funerals

--

March 31st, 2010  
jillyz12

Topic: Dad of a fallen Marine perseveres against protests at military funerals

The most sickening part of this, is that our troops voluntarily risk their lives so that these bottom-feeders can make these hateful comments!

It's a good thing I don't own a gun. Scumsucking morons give Christians a bad name.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100331/ts_csm/291560
April 1st, 2010  
>*CrAzY*<

This is a very difficult and controversial topic within my own mind.

On one hand, this is their right to protest. Those same Soldiers die for their freedom as well - although they have no appreciation for it. Not my deal - I am thankful every day for all who risk their lives for me.

On the other, I would give good money to punch these guys in the face at times. They don't only protest at military funerals, but they go around to schools telling students that they will go to hell for various things. My friends at Virginia Tech were told that they deserved to have a school shooting because they are all sinners.

However, Soldiers are also fighting for the rights of the Patriot Riders, who rev their engines to drown out the noise of protests. These Soldiers also fight for the rights of those who lower flags to mourn the loss of their fallen brothers and sisters. These Soldiers fight for the rights of those that support them, and they are thankful every day. We each have our rights to exercise as we choose [within bounds], and for every member of WBC, there are thousands of community members standing tall, hundreds of motorcycles blocking the view, and dozens of flags flying low to prove to these families that their loved ones death was not in vain.
April 1st, 2010  
Chukpike

There is that fine point about allowing their freedom of speech.
What cancels out their right, is their intent to drown out the funeral gathering. At that point, they are not exercising their right to free speech. They are interfering with someone elses right to be heard.

That is when it becomes perfectly acceptable to kick their a** until after the funeral, when the beating should stop and they should be allowed their right to speak. That would allow both groups to be heard.

The right of free speech only works if all can be heard, not just the loudest.
--
April 1st, 2010  
Clockwinder

They have NO f**king right to disrupt funerals and services or to laud IED's and applaud the death of servicemen and women.
"punch in the face"? Are you kidding me? They deserve to be in Hell with all of their kind. God speed their delivery there.
April 1st, 2010  
wolfen

Free speech or not I personally feel they should ALL be shot in the head, and left laying in the street as a reminder for the nest stupid anti American that wants to pick up a dam sign!
They came to Landstown High school and protested up and down the sidewalk just off school property here in Va Beach, my superintendent kept me in his office until they left, he knew there would be a hellofa news article about a city truck running them all down, wanna know why, remember Adam brown? the seal that got buried in Hot Springs Arkansas, that was one of my best friends. That church can all go straight to hell. If I seem a little emotional about it, well.....yea I am, I have great respect for ANYBODY who serves this country, and I can't decide who I hate more muslim terrorists, or anti American, Americans, who protest and use the word of God to spread anti American crap.

April 1st, 2010  
senojekips

I think that it is a sad indictment on the state of the Mental Health Services that this group of idiots have not been tucked up in a straight jacket somewhere quiet and dark. Failing that they should be charged with incitement.

Why is it that when religion is involved, these nutters can get away with things that would get sane people touched up with a taser and arrested, before they could draw breath.
April 1st, 2010  
Warwick

Its utterly crazy. But is it an abuse of free speech?
There has been court cases but I cant remeber the results against them.
Australia will follow suit......... we have enough nutters lurking here as well.
April 3rd, 2010  
Crioche

A military funeral is definitely not the time or place to make any form of protest; its a moment of dignity and honour to send off a fallen comrade in an appropriate manner. I think if someone held a protest at a military funeral in the UK there would be a fight and people would be going to hospital.

An Islamic protest group tried to do something like this in a village called Wooten Bassett, which is adjacent to the UK air base where deceased soldiers are returned. A tradition has emerged from the good people of this village, that whenever a funeral vehicle drove through the village everyone would stop and line the route to honour the fallen. It has now become a focal point and people now go there to pay tribute to fallen soldiers.

The group in question wanted to mount a protest in the village when a funeral vehicle passed through it, thankfully they were banned from doing so and their organisation made illegal. If they had enacted a protest, there would have been a lot of assaults on them from soldiers present and I think the Government knew this!

Some people just can't get their heads out of their own butts long enough to see the gravity of the fight we are in.
April 3rd, 2010  
Chukpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crioche
A military funeral is definitely not the time or place to make any form of protest; its a moment of dignity and honour to send off a fallen comrade in an appropriate manner. I think if someone held a protest at a military funeral in the UK there would be a fight and people would be going to hospital.

An Islamic protest group tried to do something like this in a village called Wooten Bassett, which is adjacent to the UK air base where deceased soldiers are returned. A tradition has emerged from the good people of this village, that whenever a funeral vehicle drove through the village everyone would stop and line the route to honour the fallen. It has now become a focal point and people now go there to pay tribute to fallen soldiers.

The group in question wanted to mount a protest in the village when a funeral vehicle passed through it, thankfully they were banned from doing so and their organization made illegal. If they had enacted a protest, there would have been a lot of assaults on them from soldiers present and I think the Government knew this!

Some people just can't get their heads out of their own butts long enough to see the gravity of the fight we are in.
Agree with you. Unfortunately this is in the US and the courts have ruled in the protesters favor.
April 4th, 2010  
-- Dusty

I have a variety of opinions on that bunch of psychotics, but the last time I expressed myself here I was duly warned about illegal activities.