The Da Vinci Code

LIBERTY

Hey. I was wonder has anyone seen this movie, and are your local churches protesting it? Man, we have like 2 or 3 big churches that are protesting it right now.

LIBERTY said:
Hey. I was wonder has anyone seen this movie, and are your local churches protesting it? Man, we have like 2 or 3 big churches that are protesting it right now.

I didn't see the movie, but I've read the book. It was a pretty good book, but it's fiction. I don't really get why people are so up in arms about it, it's a fictional suspense. Nothing else.

I saw it, and there were atleast 50 people protesting it outside of the theater. They got so bad, the police had to come to scare them off, becuase they were "protesting without a permit"

Fiction.Just like PJ said. It is not a theological book, its entertainment. If the author had put a clue as to wether or not it was a biography, then we might be worried but now, its PRETEND!

I saw the movie, but I've never read the book. I thought the movie was actually pretty interesting. There were a few protestors outside the theater which was annoying because I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to believe that fictional story. It's pretty farfetched. As PJ24 said, it's just a fictional story....nothing else. But anyway, I just thought the plot and the whole storyline was pretty good. You actually had to think in order to understand it all.

PJ24 said:
I didn't see the movie, but I've read the book. It was a pretty good book, but it's fiction. I don't really get why people are so up in arms about it, it's a fictional suspense. Nothing else.

Amen to that, it's a freakin MOVIE people, and from what critiques I read, not a very good one either.

Go find a real issue.

yes, we have had protesters at work.
some church has printed up a "companions guide to the da vinci code" its nothing really, its not trying to get you to join thier church, its just stating how what people are thinking is true is not.
we had another complex who have had a a big crucifix covered in tomato sauce left outside thier complex of the opening night

i cant believe the number of people who think it is all true. i LMAO when talking to my barber, she had a revelation that it was not true. the revelation came in the form of a documentry on the discovery chanel or smth :rolleyes:

the movie is nothing spectacular. it isn't going as well as projected, but is doing decent figures none the less

LIBERTY said:

I did and I dont dislike it. But I understand that it didnt want to hurt the feelings of the faithfuls.

I just didnt like how it ended. But all in all I give it a B+

A few friends of mine went to see it last night, they said it was boring and not half as good as the book (as is almost always the case).

I've read the book and loved it, then saw the movie and hated it.
It was crap.
Modified for film should be in the title.

Anyway, as for church groups protesting. It doesn't matter. Nobody listens to them in Australia anyway.

Nobody was protesting it where I am. It was slightly better than expected. Silas was by far the coolest character!
mmarsh said:
Thats exactly what the critics said. I'm going to pass, I'll see X-Men 3 instead.
I enjoyed X-Men 3 a little because my expectatiosn were fairly low.

Critics here in Germany said that France is portrayed "like the Americans imagine France to be". I thought it was portrayed how I imagine France to be (I've only been to Paris once and to other parts of the country a few times).

Last edited:
saw some people protesting outside of a theater as we were pulling in, decided that I was glad that my church doesn't hold get-togethers.

Damn movie has been taken out of the cinemas in china becuase of it offending Religous nuts.. So much fo rit being an athiest country. Can still get it on DVD though :D

Back