Cz 75

major liability

Just wondering, does anyone here have any hands-on experience with the CZ 75/85 line of pistols? I am considering getting a SA/DA CZ 75 SP-01 in 9x19mm Parabellum as one of my first pistols, and I would like to know the pros and cons before throwing any cash down. Thanks in advance.

Great pistol, the Great Col. Jeff Cooper considered it the best high capacity semi-automatic double/single action pistol. It was the design that led him to develop a pistol chambered in the 10mm Auto. Which was heavily designed by him. The pistol he developed was the famous Bren Ten of Miami Vice fame.

I've been wanting a CZ-75 for a while but I just haven't gotten pff my ass for one.

Just wondering, does anyone here have any hands-on experience with the CZ 75/85 line of pistols? I am considering getting a SA/DA CZ 75 SP-01 in 9x19mm Parabellum as one of my first pistols, and I would like to know the pros and cons before throwing any cash down. Thanks in advance.

Yes I do I have a CZ 75bd and it is a darn nice pistol worth every bit I paid for it.

My son has a CZ75, its a stunning firearm, accurate, reliable and feeds anything you care to load in the magazine, and this is straight out the box. The only thing you need to keep an eye on is the screw in the magazine well, just behind the trigger, it does come loose. The only modifications I've done to it, is remove the spring in the magazine well that stops the magazine dropping free, and fitted Hogue grips. One which you might want to consider, the CZ75 is/was available in 40S&W. My son carries with a round up the spout loaded with Black Talons and the hammer at rest. I carry my Browning and Colt cocked and locked, also with Black Talons.

I dont think you'll buy a better firearm. I rate it among the best pistols in the World, along with the Browning Hi-Power and Colt 45 ACP.

Last edited:
CZ75 is an excellent pistol, why I didn't buy one I'll never know, instead spending cash on a short 9............ which I no longer even have, having swapped it over for a snubby......

buy it you'll love it. as far as full frame auto's go it is one of the best. if you want something for conceal carry it may not be your first choice but if you just want a damn fine pistol then by all means buy one. IMHO CZ75 > 92FS any day of the week.

My son has a CZ75, its a stunning firearm, accurate, reliable and feeds anything you care to load in the magazine, and this is straight out the box. The only thing you need to keep an eye on is the screw in the magazine well, just behind the trigger, it does come loose. The only modifications I've done to it, is remove the spring in the magazine well that stops the magazine dropping free, and fitted Hogue grips. One which you might want to consider, the CZ75 is/was available in 40S&W. My son carries with a round up the spout loaded with Black Talons and the hammer at rest. I carry my Browning and Colt cocked and locked, also with Black Talons.

I dont think you'll buy a better firearm. I rate it among the best pistols in the World, along with the Browning Hi-Power and Colt 45 ACP.

SP 1 good gun also look in at the taurus pt92 also great gun cz is also good gun try this hold the guns in your hand the 1 that sits better in your hand thats the1 to get, you might have small hands or big hands:sniper:

SP 1 good gun also look in at the taurus pt92 also great gun cz is also good gun try this hold the guns in your hand the 1 that sits better in your hand thats the1 to get, you might have small hands or big hands:sniper:

I dont like the SP1 and as far as the Taurus PT92, its a piece of crap.

I have had to replace the locking blocks on both the Vektor SP1, SP2 as well as the Taurus.

I dont like none of the above including the Z88 because of its girth, and as I have mentioned, replaced a lot of locking blocks. The CZ75 is like comparing a new Rolls Royce to a clapped out Datsun 120Y

Back