CVN21,and the F35.

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
For all of you American tax payers out their,this is what your navy has in store for you in the coming years,

CVN21.jpg

comes complete with 90 or less,

F35C.jpg

If you ask me I think t=h 40 Billion dollar mark on the modern carriers of taday is outragious,this may double that!How is the Navy going to pay for that and hundereds of orders on the Facny new F 35!

If you ask me ,then well,I gues there is no price on freedom,is their?

Rated :R

Restricted :to the conscience minded Ameriacn tax payer,not appropriate for children ,not High School Seniors,nor college stundents for that matter
Extreme cost and budget violence.

I don't know where you're getting the $40 billion dollar pricetag, but current Nimitz class carriers are about $4.5-5 billion dollars. I highly doubt that a single CVN21 carrier costs $40 billion dollars by itself or I would lose faith in the American military. If it was $40 billion dollars for a CVN21 plus 90 F-35s, then that would be more feasible and I as a taxpayer have no problem with this generational upgrade considering most of the carriers today were built in the 1970-1980s. You gotta understand that an aircraft carrier is more than just a water-based airstrip; it's a floating, self-sustaining piece of American sovereignty. Wherever is goes, it's like a piece of American soil goes with it. It's a symbol of power, diplomacy, and wealth.

CVN21,and the F35

ASTRALdragon said:
I don't know where you're getting the $40 billion dollar pricetag, but current Nimitz class carriers are about $4.5-5 billion dollars. I highly doubt that a single CVN21 carrier costs $40 billion dollars by itself or I would lose faith in the American military. If it was $40 billion dollars for a CVN21 plus 90 F-35s, then that would be more feasible and I as a taxpayer have no problem with this generational upgrade considering most of the carriers today were built in the 1970-1980s. You gotta understand that an aircraft carrier is more than just a water-based airstrip; it's a floating, self-sustaining piece of American sovereignty. Wherever is goes, it's like a piece of American soil goes with it. It's a symbol of power, diplomacy, and wealth.

What he said!!

Sukio said:
For all of you American tax payers out their,this is what your navy has in store for you in the coming years,

'Pic removed'

comes complete with 90 or less,

'Pic removed'

If you ask me I think t=h 40 Billion dollar mark on the modern carriers of taday is outragious,this may double that!How is the Navy going to pay for that and hundereds of orders on the Facny new F 35!

If you ask me ,then well,I gues there is no price on freedom,is their?

I would only guess, and think that I was wrong, that you were associated with a Tomcat squadron at one point.

What is your problem with the military keeping current with technology?

I, for one, think the Navy needs to add 2-4 carriers to our current compliment and would be willing to pay my taxes to make it so. Right now we spend taxes on sustaining the medical benefits of 12,000,000+ illegal immigrants. I would rather that money go towards our defensive capability for now and into the future.

I also think we should tab bleeding heart liberals as illegal immigrants and deport them to any country of their choice. My choice for them might be Iran.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senior Chief said:
I would only guess, and think that I was wrong, that you were associated with a Tomcat squadron at one point.
EWCS: just for the record, he's a teenager (at least according to his public profile).

I really like the Idea of our navy wanting to use the very best there is for our defense,but its alot ,and fast,its like the F22 Program,origonly the USAF had a order for a sum of over 300 aircraft,now there will only be about 180,or 190 of the planes put into produciton.

All I m saying is,I dont want some other outside opinons to think the US is full of itself as a world super power,and hgih dollar stuff seems to reniforce those un true opionions.

CVN21,and the F35

AJChenMPH said:
EWCS: just for the record, he's a teenager (at least according to his public profile).

If that is the case his parents must be always be complaining about the cost of the military budget.

I've known people that grew up in households of graduates from UC Bezerkly and they tend to have the same attitudes as their parents. More people should teach their kids to be free thinkers and less what mom and dad think was being a free thinker in the 60's and 70's!

Sukio said:
I really like the Idea of our navy wanting to use the very best there is for our defense,but its alot ,and fast,its like the F22 Program,origonly the USAF had a order for a sum of over 300 aircraft,now there will only be about 180,or 190 of the planes put into produciton.

All I m saying is,I dont want some other outside opinons to think the US is full of itself as a world super power,and hgih dollar stuff seems to reniforce those un true opionions.

Well youngun, what you might have missed is that the boys with the best toys usually are the big kids on the block. The U.S. is full of itself, but that is something we have gained and earned from being that world power and always called upon as the world's policemen.

Who ya gonna call.

US?We have turned down so many calls for help the 98% of the world muslim population already gathers 5 or more times a day to praise their leaders and vow to kill the infedels,but we dont care about that....

We only get called when we have perosnel interest,and then we try to rebuild the contry,leave and then watch as all those lives and time is wasted in a few months as that contry collaspes and then blames us for their problems,the claims another International Jihad agsaist the Western world,

Thats just me,looking through the wide veiw lense,

By the way my "parents" Are un aware of half the political or world events that I am,and yes I am a "Kid" ut thats what you want to call it,Take heed though,I truely respecty every servicemens efforts in the Coalitions,from all nations,and dont think for a moment That I m not thankful....

Sukio said:
US?We have turned down so many calls for help the 98% of the world muslim population already gathers 5 or more times a day to praise their leaders and vow to kill the infedels,but we dont care about that....

We only get called when we have perosnel interest,and then we try to rebuild the contry,leave and then watch as all those lives and time is wasted in a few months as that contry collaspes and then blames us for their problems,the claims another International Jihad agsaist the Western world,

By the way my "parents" Are un aware of half the political or world events that I am,and yes I am a "Kid" ut thats what you want to call it,Take heed though,I truely respecty every servicemens efforts in the Coalitions,from all nations,and dont think for a moment That I m not thankful....

I didint' say that you were unaware, but I do think that your comments are very self serving.

Get a clue.

Sukio said:

Somehow the US has managed to take too active a role in world affairs while at the same type not doing enough to suit the rest of the world, quite the paradox.

BTW Sukio, why do you say "we" in reference to the United States, your english skills and your signature point towards you being Japanese.

Sukio said:

I'm actually kind of glad that they scaled back the order from 300 F-22s to 180-190 F-22s. The F-22 itself is already powerful, and what kind of war is the US waging in the near future that would require these super advanced jets. The only country I can think of would most likely be Russia but a war with them in the next 50 years seems unlikely. As for China, it's going to be more of an economical or assymetrical war than a conventional war. Terrorism? F-22s can't really do much against guerilla warfare.

I agree that Americans should not be too complacent with their own technology. Underestimating the enemy is one of the gravest mistakes one can make in a battle/war. Americans must understand that everyone is human, therefore everyone can make mistakes. What you can think of, someone out there probably already thought of but didn't have enough funding to go through with it. Economic power is what gave American a head start and hopefully Americans will be smart and humble enough to realize that and not lose their place.

Sukio said:

Well, the US does what it can. Ninety-eight percent seems a little high to me coming from Muslim countries considering most of them are oil rich and/or has too much pride to ask for the help of "infidels." Care to provide a source or two on this 98% figure?

As for nations serving their own self-interest... I think every nation does that. The US does it to a larger extent because they think 3 steps ahead instead of just 1. If the US meddles in the affairs of a nation that may seem like it serves them no interest, it may serve the interest of a nation that in turn serves the interest of the US. Sound confusing? Ok, let me try to set an example: US helps nation C which almost serves them no interest, but in reality nation C serves the interest of nation B. Nation B is a major interest of the US.

All I see when the US tries to help a nation in need is harsh criticism. For the US, it's damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Stop,

It isnt what you said,I kinda took in what you said,but,We are loosing focus,I want to move back to military hardware,Oh and Im American,Not Japanese,and also ,I not racists,"I know nobybody called me one"I dont discriminate along the lines of race,gender,and natnional orgins,nor religous matters,"except satan worshipers"

Lets stay move back to the Hard ware...:wink:

Sukio said:
Stop,

It isnt what you said,I kinda took in what you said,but,We are loosing focus,I want to move back to military hardware,Oh and Im American,Not Japanese,and also ,I not racists,"I know nobybody called me one"I dont discriminate along the lines of race,gender,and natnional orgins,nor religous matters,"except satan worshipers"

Lets stay move back to the Hard ware...:wink:

You are playing a card that seems to point to your own form of racism. You stopped at saying that you are American. I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and know many Japanese Americans, Chinese Americans as well as other ethnic groups. None of them try to hide their heritage when they have a political argument, face to face is hard to do, but when they are on BB's, such as this one, they are upfront about what their background is.

So tell us Sukio, what is your heritage?

If you are trying to double cross my words and contunuely steer all of my efforts to revise and restate the topic back to its orginal "Feel"Then its hard to describe its effectiveness,I will try my hardest to prevent this from becoming a belligarent situation,and try to keep my efforts from falling into the depths as vain attempts to preseve a fasle sense of respect wich you think I keep in my self,this is ever growingly more and more pointless and Im am coming closer and closer to grasping the fact that I may as well be better off abandoning this thread than meandoring in a Catch 22 that I have created myself.....

Thanks man,...........

Any way the CVN 21 ,as some speculate,Will just be a more exspensive version of the Current Nimitz class,just with a new name stamped on it,

I disagree,as for the F 35 Program,I myself am no longer skepticale on it,...

Missileer said:
Back on topic. Sukio's ethnicity is not the subject of this thread.

I'm just trying to find out where he is coming from. I don' know many people without an agenda that would make the politically motivated comments that he did without having that agenda.

If he is ashamed of his ethnic background there might be a reason.

I am American Indian (Cherokee), German, Scottish, and probably a few that I'm not aware of.

Sukio said:
Thanks man,...........

Any way the CVN 21 ,as some speculate,Will just be a more exspensive version of the Current Nimitz class,just with a new name stamped on it,

I disagree,as for the F 35 Program,I myself am no longer skepticale on it,...

Just like the Nimitz Class was more expensive than the Forrestall Class and the, Kitty Hawk Class and the Class following the Enterprise. BTW, the Enterprise was more expensive than any two of the previous carriers due to the 6 (or 8 I forget which) nuclear reactors that was onboard. Not to mention the cost of refueling and SLEP's that had to consider the nuclear equation.

Dollars are different today than they were when the other classes of carriers were built. Gas was under $1.00 a gallon when the Nimitz was built and by under a dollar a gallon I mean between $0.50 and $0.60 a gallon. The keel was laid down in 1968 and it was commissioned in 1972.

Just to update gas prices, I paid $2.99 last week for a gallon of gas, and a couple of weeks before that I paid $3.19.

Keep building war ships is not avoidable if they don't want to lose technical know-how about ships.

Last edited:
Back