Current American Recon Plane

What do you think the current US Recon plane looks like?

• Flying Wing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standard Shape

• Flying Saucer

• No Idea

• Something Else

• Total voters
Are you guys out of your mind, the SR-71 was a great plane but it has been out of commission for years and they still use the U-2, and UAV's, then of course the Satellites.

Sightings of the Aurora (not sure what the official military designation is)claim it triangular in shape, but the top brass are doing a pretty thorough job of keep a tight lid on things so we got know way to know for certain.

Time said:
Are you guys out of your mind, the SR-71 was a great plane but it has been out of commission for years and they still use the U-2, and UAV's, then of course the Satellites.
we never said it wasnt.
yeah but what do you think thier spy plane in production/in design looks like.
so wha?t they use the u2 and UAV's and satalites ,i wont go into listing thier bad points, that doesnt mean they dont use a diffrent stealth plane.

That's a pretty big generalization. "Efficient", how do you define that for flying terms? Each aircraft is designed differently for a different job.

Efficient as in, it'll fly for much longer, has less air drag, therefore potential for the best range... probably the best service ceiling depending on the engine. Not to mention, it could fly VERY fast.

Uh, HELLO?:shock:

The SR-71 is the fastest known Jet in World History. It's not a flying Wing.

I did some research and found that the SR-71 Could outfly a 30 caliber Rifle Bullet.

Speculation about the Aurora is probably futile, but whatever it is, it can almost certainly outrun the SR-71 and if they were smart they made it as stealthy as possible.

The fastest is the SR-71. But the flying wing is inherantly VERY fast as well. I guess we won't know how fast it can go as it's probably top secret. But to achieve the SR-71's speeds, it was far from efficient.

The Other Guy said:

I did some research and found that the SR-71 Could outfly a 30 caliber Rifle Bullet.

Its most likely that it is a modified F-117. The Aurora is too much "sci-fi" for me atm. Heard somewhere that the name "Aurora" ended up in a military budget paper.... hmmmm.... :lol:

Id say its probably along the lines of the SR71 desighn, with some modifications. Remember, they already said the Blackbird is out of service once.....

The Other Guy said:

Turns out the Air Speed record is held by something other than the SR-71.

the world’s airplane speed record is held by William J. “Pete” Knight, who flew an X-15- 2A over Edwards Air Force Base at 4,535 mile or Mach 6.72—a record set on October 3, 1967
Considering how long ago that was, it would not be surprising if there were something in service today that is faster.

well if i had to guess..its probably small..and very very slow. we all assume good reconnasense has to be fast to get out of trouble..i disagree. you have to be fast if your looking for trouble though.

but a small aircraft say about six' by six' is just right for thos non-invasive type snoops..at less than half the cost of a bomb.

btw a model aircraft flew the atlantic a model aircraft lol

:D

Back