Current American Recon Plane

View Poll Results :What do you think the current US Recon plane looks like?
Flying Wing 3 17.65%
Standard Shape 3 17.65%
Flying Saucer 1 5.88%
No Idea 3 17.65%
Something Else 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 17th, 2004  
The Other Guy

Topic: Current American Recon Plane

What do you think the plane (that is obviously in replacement of the SR-71) looks like?
October 17th, 2004  
Trevor

Something along the lines of an F-117.
October 17th, 2004  
devilwasp

more like the auroa if it exists.
--
October 17th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Are you guys out of your mind, the SR-71 was a great plane but it has been out of commission for years and they still use the U-2, and UAV's, then of course the Satellites.
October 17th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Sightings of the Aurora (not sure what the official military designation is)claim it triangular in shape, but the top brass are doing a pretty thorough job of keep a tight lid on things so we got know way to know for certain.
October 17th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Are you guys out of your mind, the SR-71 was a great plane but it has been out of commission for years and they still use the U-2, and UAV's, then of course the Satellites.
we never said it wasnt.
yeah but what do you think thier spy plane in production/in design looks like.
so wha?t they use the u2 and UAV's and satalites ,i wont go into listing thier bad points, that doesnt mean they dont use a diffrent stealth plane.
October 17th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think it's a kind of a flying wing. It is by far the most efficient flying shape.
October 17th, 2004  
Trevor

That's a pretty big generalization. "Efficient", how do you define that for flying terms? Each aircraft is designed differently for a different job.
October 18th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Efficient as in, it'll fly for much longer, has less air drag, therefore potential for the best range... probably the best service ceiling depending on the engine. Not to mention, it could fly VERY fast.
October 18th, 2004  
The Other Guy

Uh, HELLO?

The SR-71 is the fastest known Jet in World History. It's not a flying Wing.

I did some research and found that the SR-71 Could outfly a 30 caliber Rifle Bullet.