Curious

migidarra

Ok, its been about 1 year since I last logged in. I am currently enlisted in the USMC OORAH hehe. Well I have been looking for a source that provides information on how a person can go to USMC bootcamp and join a different branch of service. I know this is possible but I can't find a source on how to go about it. Thanks in advance for any and all responses. If you have any good sources email me at migidarra(@)gmail.(com) just take out the () in the email. Ill try and and log back into this website.

Ok, its been about 1 year since I last logged in. I am currently enlisted in the USMC OORAH hehe. Well I have been looking for a source that provides information on how a person can go to USMC bootcamp and join a different branch of service. I know this is possible but I can't find a source on how to go about it. Thanks in advance for any and all responses. If you have any good sources email me at migidarra(@)gmail.(com) just take out the () in the email. Ill try and and log back into this website.

So the Corps is not for you eh? It is my understanding that while you may not have to attend another boot camp you will have to go through some familiarization classes for that branch of the service.

And as TI said: Go see a recruiter for the branch of choice. Chances are you will have to finish your current enlistment.

Last edited:
How long have you been in the Marines?
Before you decide to jump for any reason like "I don't like it," why don't you just stick around. The place will grow on you. I mean, if you're just a few months out of boot camp and MOS school and new to your unit, well, it's supposed to suck. Just put in the effort and wait it out. It'll get better.

I sense a little sarcasm here.

Personally I feel that Redneck is closest to the bone. Hang in there, you never know, you just might find your stride. I think there have been times when we have all doubted our sanity when we look and see where we've put ourselves. If nothing else you gain respect for just hanging in.

Other than that, I feel that this man is deserving of respect. He's a volunteer, so in my eyes, regardless of whether he feels that he wants a change, he's a hundred miles in front of 6 million or so other eligible young persons who have not volunteered to serve their country.

There's horses for courses. He may just be looking for the right course.

Looking at your profile I have a better idea that switching branches, try for a transfer to Mag42 det B ( I think thats still the name) at NAS Norfolk, with your mos they would send you to AIMD NAS Oceana, Det Norva, which is basically a 8 hour a day 5 day a week, plus duty days job

Most recruiters won't talk to you if your currently enlisted and have not reached your EAS.

There are ways to request a transfer to another branch thru the branch you are currently enlisted in, provided that your MOS is needed in the other branch and your current branch is not in need of your MOS. Or your current branch is over staffed.

The transfer would have to be approved all the way up to HQUSMC.

Best bet is put on your ruck and continue to march.Finish your contract and get out. Transfers like your asking about are as rare as hens teeth. If your unit is the problem throw in an AA form and try to transfer out.

I know the army offers a navy blue to green program, I think they do somthing similar with the marines as well once you finish your current obligation. I think its a bit harder transferring to the airforce or Navy though but Im not totally forsure about that.

Back