curious bout drill meets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides me, Araque? I'm still going. Commanding NS-I colorguard, and as it is, I'll be Seamen Wright. We're not authorized to receive any promotions or ribbons for a while. We have to get them at our annual inspection bumped up to February 2nd. I will also be taking part in armed platoon, squad new cadet basic, new cadet colorguard, possibly varsity colorguard, as well as trick drill, if we happen to have one. You've informed me before, you'll be out front practicing for trick drill or whatever. Stay out there, we're required to march into our areas in platoon formation / squad (column of files) by our Commander. Therefore, if you see Deptford coming (I may be up front holding our guidon [I'm also guidon bearer]), then look either a.) at guidon: t'is me! Or b.) for the guy who winks at you. :p Either way, I'll definitely find you. I'll also be the only New cadet in your knockout. for Deptford. And I'll probably make it further than our Varsity members. I always win our in-house competitions when our instructor (1st Sgt Hinger) calls it for everyone. But, whatever.

I'll definitely see you there. If you're allowed, stop by and watch our new cadet colorguard work our Gold Award magic.

cullion said:
Besides me, Araque? I'm still going. Commanding NS-I colorguard, and as it is, I'll be Seamen Wright. We're not authorized to receive any promotions or ribbons for a while. We have to get them at our annual inspection bumped up to February 2nd. I will also be taking part in armed platoon, squad new cadet basic, new cadet colorguard, possibly varsity colorguard, as well as trick drill, if we happen to have one. You've informed me before, you'll be out front practicing for trick drill or whatever. Stay out there, we're required to march into our areas in platoon formation / squad (column of files) by our Commander. Therefore, if you see Deptford coming (I may be up front holding our guidon [I'm also guidon bearer]), then look either a.) at guidon: t'is me! Or b.) for the guy who winks at you. :p Either way, I'll definitely find you. I'll also be the only New cadet in your knockout. for Deptford. And I'll probably make it further than our Varsity members. I always win our in-house competitions when our instructor (1st Sgt Hinger) calls it for everyone. But, whatever.

I'll definitely see you there. If you're allowed, stop by and watch our new cadet colorguard work our Gold Award magic.

ur an NS 1 and ur competitng for all them things im definetly gonna win Knockout i won knockout last year at North Rockland at Regional Championships im nasty at knock out i will be going for platoon armed, squad unarmed, trick unarmed and hopefully inspection look for me im tall lol from linden i'lkl keep an eye out for ya so i can point and laugh lol j/k

Yea, man. I'm alleged by all the NS-2s and Commander and First Sargeant to be the 'next company commander'. Everyone likes me and everyone is bumping me up to things. I have a nact for adapting. If someone calls something they should call on the right foot, but they call it on the left, I can adjust to fit it. For the longest time or NS-Is thought IT COULD ONLY be called on the right foot. But, I've practiced the manual of arms soo much. I've read everything there is to read on colorguard. I've read everything I can possibly find on guidon. I'm like an addict. Lol.

Several times I've corrected Commander, First Sargeant, our company commander and our executive commander. I always follow the command given, even if I know what they meant, which is why I beat everyone in knockout. My favorite command to get people out on when I call cadence for our knockout is, when it comes down to squad, "Squad right face. Platoon, forward march." If they don't move, I say 'Squad, forward march. Column left, march." And then whoever does it is OUT. Can't do a column unless you're facing the direction of the squad leader. The only two people who even know that rule is myself and our XO. Even First Sargeant didn't understand that it was wrong.

But, yea, I got a little sidetracked. I'll look forward to going 1, 2 for knockout at the competition with you. Hopefully the better man (ME!) will win. :lol: I'll look forward to meeting you, maybe you can give me some trick drill pointers. We're only a second year school, and we only have one cadet who is a senior who came from a previous Texas ROTC school. He's the only one who knows how to spin a rifle and even he doesn't know it all. I could learn a bit from you and further impress everyone. Lol.

See you on the battlegrounds,
C/SN Wright

cullion said:
My favorite command to get people out on when I call cadence for our knockout is, when it comes down to squad, "Squad right face. Platoon, forward march." If they don't move, I say 'Squad, forward march. Column left, march." And then whoever does it is OUT. Can't do a column unless you're facing the direction of the squad leader. The only two people who even know that rule is myself and our XO. Even First Sargeant didn't understand that it was wrong.

lol ur wrong man when u say right face ur facing the squad leader and wen u say forwad march and then column left u can do it u probably meant to say left face then forward march and if u called column left then the people would be wrong the whole drill team knos that trick i taught it to the people who didnt kno and did u go to Neptune? my CO won the knockout it was 5 people left and 3 out of the 5 were my senior staff Co,XO,OPS and my CO won i will be glad to teach u drill pinters and how to knock people out easily my masterchief knocks out people so easily by saying only calling 2 different commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back