Culture of violence see Aboriginal girls raped

I don't care what conditions lead to this behavior, it should be punishable by death or long prison sentences.

That's part of the problem in these indigenous communities. Totally isolated, no police, no health support, terrible drug and alcohol abuse.... and then you've got the issues of "tribal" or indigenous laws that they often use in these communities.

You mean to say that aboriginal laws allow this deviant behavior or is it that the guilty are somehow protected from prosecution by these laws? Either way, it's just wrong.

However way you spin it, raping anyone at any age is simply wrong. I don't care what anyone else has to say. It's wrong. And 7 months just makes it:cen:ed up. Maybe we should go rambo on these folks...:biggun::rambo:

I'm not real thrilled with the splinter groups of the Mormon Church who still practice polygamy. Some of the girls forced to marry these animals are 12 years old. :firedevi:

Here here, crack down on the lot of them sick bastards. You haven´t seen me on my most conservative yet, but this topic gets me in a proper mood. There are no words that can excuses this behaviour and the penalty should be severe..... and I wouldn´t mind executing the punishment!

You mean to say that aboriginal laws allow this deviant behavior or is it that the guilty are somehow protected from prosecution by these laws? Either way, it's just wrong.

A lot of the time these communities are left to practice tribal law, because of a lot of suicide deaths in custody of aboriginals. They are a nomadic people. You take a young man who has grown up roaming the desert living off the land with his tribe in a jail cell by himself and soon you have 1 dead inmate. So tribal law has been allowed to rule these relativley un-policed tribes. Problem being the breakdown caused by drugs and booze has turned it all to sh*t. These communities are not towns like a lot of people may think. Australia is a big place. We are talking huge distances here, thousands of kilometres. You could drive the distance between Paris and Moscow through Australia and not see another person. So these communites are very remote, and when the nearest cop can be a 3 hour flight away (due to no roads) it makes policing anything near on impossible.

And finally when the cop does come to town to investigate a murder for example, who is going to dob in their neighbour, brother, sister, elder, wife, husband etc. They close ranks to the white man.

That sure seems like a mess. I wonder if anyone has considered training members of the victims' families as police officers. As such they could police their own communities and they would be held to the same laws as everyone else. An over simplification, I'm sure but it seems that the family members of the victims would be the most motivated to see that these crimes don't happen to other members of their communities. It's easy to talk about it from here and I'd bet this has been tried already, just curious about why, if it has been attempted, something like this may have failed.

That sure seems like a mess. I wonder if anyone has considered training members of the victims' families as police officers. As such they could police their own communities and they would be held to the same laws as everyone else. An over simplification, I'm sure but it seems that the family members of the victims would be the most motivated to see that these crimes don't happen to other members of their communities. It's easy to talk about it from here and I'd bet this has been tried already, just curious about why, if it has been attempted, something like this may have failed.

Attempts have been made, and it used to be that tribal elders were held in high regard and basically were the local cops for the tribes. Now, however drugs, booze and petrol sniffing have caused a massive shift in culture. The elders are no longer respected by the younger people, so they have no sway. As for training locals to be cops (especially families of the victims) it wont work. As the abuse often happens within households (were talking 20+ people per house in these communities - it's just the way the aboriginal "family" works) it would be impossible, plus many of these indegenous people shun the imposed "white man's laws".

I have been through several of these communities, and have seen what it is like there, myself.
I am no using hyperbole when I say it is like Mad Max. No Law is being upheld, White or Black law, the elders are either being ignored, or have died out.

This is greatly significant, people may take the position of the elders, but if they have not gone through the ceremonies, they do not know the law, and if the people who guard the law, die, they have nobody left who knows the law, it is all oral.

Very few of these communities (close to none) have any respect for the State or the Commonwealth. Because their settelment is based on Terra Nullius, which means empty land, no structured civilisation inhabits the land and s open game for anyone. They think, that the "White Mans Law" is illegal, because it is "based on a lie". That is why they don't respect it. Anyone who is seen supporting it, is considered a traitor, collaborating with the enemy, nobody wants to work with the police out there, for fear of their own lives.
And in all these communities, the only time a Cop makes the trip out there, is to arrest someone. They're seen enforcing a law these communities hate and oppose, and then they leave. They take away their brother/father/grandfather/cousin and the cop never comes back. Their relative has to make his own way back. Very few times they ever do. They go to Gaol near a city, and when they are released, they stay there.

It is a real different world out there. The immidiate problem lies in the hands of these scumbag rapists and pedofiles. The Big Picture Problem is Settlement/Invasion 218 years ago.
Everything in between has made its contribution.

I say, send these sickos to Gaol, but fix the problems, to prevent it from happening again.

Pedophilia/rape/sexually based crimes- the number one way to get blown away, besides home invasion. That's the way this type of behavior should be deterred. Anyone remember the Iranian girl who was going to be hanged for attacking would-be assailants? Law or no law, it makes no difference. It should be generally (morally?) agreed that sexually based crimes merit capital punishment- right or left wing, it doesn't matter. Deep down, we all know that it's one of the worst damn things that can happen.

Back