CS source ?

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
hey who plays it? and I gotta question

How can i decrease my ping and latency?? cause unfortunately, everytime I play, after about a few mins, I get kicked out cause my Ping and latency is high..

thanks and enjoy 8)

Well, there's a few simple steps you can take to reduce your ping and lag.

1. Exit all programs that use the internet. This includes web browsers, download managers (close all downloads!), instant messengers, email programs, file sharing programs, etc. These programs will hog your bandwith and increase your ping, slowing down your game.

2. Get a faster internet connection. To play online games, especially fast paced games like FPS's, you're gonna need broadband for sure, at least DSL or preferably cable internet. I don't know what's offered in Kuwait though... Also, avoid playing on a wireless network, be wired into the internet.

3. Choose servers that have lower ping and/or are geographically closer to you. If you live in Kuwait, then you should avoid servers that are very far away, like in America.

4. If you have a firewall/router, you may need to do port forwarding. It's just a fancy name for allowing data through certain ports in your firewall, which may seem complicated but is very easy to do. Visit portforward.com and you should be able to set your router up easily.

I hope that helps! On CS:S, my screename is also Chronoserpent, so I'll look forward to fragging you! ;)

chronoserpent said:
Well, there's a few simple steps you can take to reduce your ping and lag.

1. Exit all programs that use the internet. This includes web browsers, download managers (close all downloads!), instant messengers, email programs, file sharing programs, etc. These programs will hog your bandwith and increase your ping, slowing down your game.

2. Get a faster internet connection. To play online games, especially fast paced games like FPS's, you're gonna need broadband for sure, at least DSL or preferably cable internet. I don't know what's offered in Kuwait though... Also, avoid playing on a wireless network, be wired into the internet.

3. Choose servers that have lower ping and/or are geographically closer to you. If you live in Kuwait, then you should avoid servers that are very far away, like in America.

4. If you have a firewall/router, you may need to do port forwarding. It's just a fancy name for allowing data through certain ports in your firewall, which may seem complicated but is very easy to do. Visit portforward.com and you should be able to set your router up easily.

I hope that helps! On CS:S, my screename is also Chronoserpent, so I'll look forward to fragging you! ;)

This is a very good post, and it applies to all games on the net not just CSSource. Well done Chronoserpent.:thumb:

I would just like to hightlight that ping is most affected by your connection line and the distance you are from the server. Also playing on servers with fewer players helps. If your in Kuwait, I would first try within the Middle East, if not try Europe.

well thank you fellas very much. I figure its mostly a distance problem. My ping is about 30-60 over here and gets up to 1000 going to Australian servers :lol: But I also need a faster connection. Mines will do for now though :) But I must say that I am quite a noob ^_^

Back