Cross of Iron

Ted

Has any of you ever seen the movie "Cross of Iron"? I finally bought the DVD version and it is simply one of the best war movies ever made. The details are right, the settings are cool and the story is great.... If you want to see a great war movie from the German point of view in Russia, chech this one out!

Well FOx, you really should! I just bought the DVD and watched it for yet another time and I just don't get bored. FOr a film made in 1977 it is brutal and very well researched. Even the bayonet they use to silence a guard is the exact right one. Peckinpah went out of his way on this one!

The ending of the book is different from the movie. Peckinpah ran out of money towards the end and improvised. But this too he did very well. I even registered on imdb.com to comment on this movie. I found out that it is still very alive amongst the "entrepreneurs" of war movies.... So I say for the third time in this thread: an absolute must see for all of you!

Would one of you who has the movie mind ummm... ripping and errr... making a bittorent file of it? Many of us would love to see it.... please?

Dean.

If anyone wants it go to torrentspy.com and do a search for Cross of Iron. I am currently seeding it and I will be doing so for the next two days, unless I see that there are no more leechers. As I am the only seeder, have patience, but you will get it. Use your Mil-Quotes handle so that I will know to whom I am seeding and thereby avoid cutting you off.

Dean.

BTW, I'm also getting Stalingrad. Same will apply if anyone wants it.

Well MM you would be surprised! Some scene's are quite graphic (for example a German soldier getting blasted by Russian field artillery and the the blast threws him into the barbed wire while the shrapnel guts him like a fish).
The details are first rate and the action looks genuine. My only comment would be the sound effects. But if you realize the film is from 1977.... well two thumbs up!

The film has been cut to pieces since it was released. I bought the DVD and hardly recognised it from the film I saw when it first came out

well...its done in the seventies anyway... and yeah lol, I know how old film sound like. I have watched a few, for example "Battle over Britain" and some other ones which i forgot the name really..

Back