Crocker back in a race car

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
After a foray into the Craftsman Truck Series, Erin Crocker, 26, is starting back at square one with a limited ARCA schedule. "Part of me is upset because I don't have a big schedule, but at least I'm getting to race," she said. "I've had the big hype. What I need now are positive results." Team manager Keith Barnwell has been Crocker's spotter for the past two seasons. Barnwell, who worked with NASCAR driver Sterling Marlin years ago, sees potential in Crocker. "She's very personable and down-to-earth and that's a good start," Barnwell said. "Everybody on the team likes her and wants to do all we can to help her succeed. She's intelligent, she knows the sport and she's not afraid to go fast." Moving too fast? "She's a great qualifier," Barnwell said, noting Crocker's four ARCA poles, "but it's taken her time to get used to running around other cars in close quarters. Last year (in the truck series) was a whole new world for her. There's no margin for error. You could see her frustration, but she bounces back." Her best ARCA finishes are a pair of seconds at Kentucky Speedway and at Kansas Speedway. That ties her with Shawna Robinson as the highest-finishing woman driver in the series' history. Crocker admitted "maybe I was pushed too fast," and said team owner Ray Evernham has been supportive and encouraging. "He's understanding and he believes I can do it," she said. "It's been more difficult than I thought it would be, but I'm determined to succeed in this sport."(Tennesean) and Crocker has a four-race sponsor in ARCA with Mac Tools.(Evernham Motorsports PR)

Back