criminal background waiver

dval

i am a 27 yr old male who recently has been denied a criminal background waiver for the usmc for a misd. offense that has been dismissed. it took approximately 4 months, from november 08 to march of 09, just to tell me that if i didnt score 50 or above on the asvab they would not approve my waiver. so i got a 46. the problem with that is that every time they asked me to do something i did it and every single time they came up with something new for me to come up with. first it was can i carry a gun or not and i got a court doc. saying i can, then it was ref. letters and so on and so on. they made me do all this running around for 4 months to tell me no go!! i think i deserve a more clear answer on why im being denied. i feel im just being judged by paper work and not the person i really am, even though it says that the marine corp will consider the "whole person" when doing a waiver. what can i do to get a better answer on why they denied me or to give me a better chance on approving my waiver?

your waiver will not get approved. all services are making their numbers for recruits and not taking anyone with an RE3 or 4. Just the way it is.

Does not sound like he had prior service. Just that he has a criminal record.

But in answer to his complaint. It is up to each service as to who they take. While you show desire to join as stated in your 4 months of paperwork, your record may be "bad" enough for the Marines to pass on. Contrary to popular believe the military doesn't take everyone.

this is the only time in my whole life that ive been arrested. it was for domestic violence misdemeanor which was later droped after i completed dv classes. i pleaded no contest so incase i lost the trial i would avoid jail time and yet im being treated like if ive been arrested a 100 times rather than just once. i know for a fact they are constantly waiving drug offenses all the time, situations that could affect the brain, but they cant or wont waive mine because they dont choose to take the "whole person" into consideration. i almost want to say im being discriminated!

If you were only a few points off on your asvab, have you considered re-taking it?

We were told at drill this weekend that they are "slimming" down some of the troops. For us, it was a warning to the "fat bodies", but I'm sure it applies everywhere.

The other thing to think of, is that you can check with other branches, and you do have time to work on this. Check on the age limits on each branch. Perhaps with a little more time all will work out.

Welcome to the forum! :horsie:

I'm with AD. It's risky. If you disclose to the Marines then everyone knows and you HAVE to get the waiver or you can't get in.

Welcome to the forums. I hope that you find the answers you are looking for. Until then, Happy Posting :)

At this time all of the branches have as many recruits as they need without granting any waivers or offering much in the way of enlistment bonuses. It'll get worse around late May & early June with all the graduates not able to find jobs will come to see the Recruiter. Things like that happen during an economic recession/depression.

That's unfortunate for many as even felons were allowed to enlist in the Army 2 years ago. It seems only the best of physical specimens with squeaky clean records are being allowed to enlist. Things might change in the future.

well

i also in a situation because i have 2 misd. offenses of possession. witch happen two years ago since then i have stayed out of trouble i went back to school i am in college right now and i work and i have a child witch is a big responsability. i just want to know if i can be able to enlist i also have stayed away from those bad influences i used to hang out with. if any one can help me i would be appreciate the help . especially if you are a recruiter

Back