Credit Where Credit Is Due...

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
My friend's wife returned from a tour of duty in the Middle East. To celebrate, he decided to take her out for a night on the town. Proud of her service record, he suggested she wear her uniform. Not only did a patriotic taxi driver refuse to accept money from them, but an appreciative citizen paid for her meal at the restaurant, and the theater manager upgraded their balcony seats to the orchestra. At the end of the evening, my friend turned to his wife. "I still get credit for taking you out, right?"

-- Jodie Stoddard

Provided Courtesy of Reader's Digest.

This reminds me of an incident where while on the way home from an Army exercise, I stopped along the road to buy the wife a bunch of flowers, just because......

I got home and gave her the flowers, the first words out of her mouth was, “What have you done?” She wasn't joking, she meant it.

I took the flowers from her and threw them away. From that day to this I have never bought her a bunch of flowers and never will again.

This reminds me of an incident where while on the way home from an Army exercise, I stopped along the road to buy the wife a bunch of flowers, just because......

I got home and gave her the flowers, the first words out of her mouth was, “What have you done?” She wasn't joking, she meant it.

I took the flowers from her and threw them away. From that day to this I have never bought her a bunch of flowers and never will again.

Why didnt she accept the flowers?

Back