credit

ria1020

i'm interted in joining the army but i am concerned in the cedit check. the oly ting on my credit history are hospital bill that i have not been abl to pay off yet, but i plan to once i can afford to. will the hospital bills prevent me from joining?

How past due are your bills? Are you attempting to make any payments on them?

When I was in college, I worked Part Time as a Bill Collector and I'm federally certified. If you contact your hospital, they will arrange a payment plan for you even if you can only give 10 to 15 dollars a month. What this will do for you is show on your report that your account is being actively and promptly paid and that it isn't delinquent.

If I were you, I'd contact the hospital and try to work something out with them where they set you up on a pmt. plan and delete any bad things they've reported to the bureaus (credit bureaus that is). Make sure you get all of this in writing and when you talk to them, be honest about your situation, work on the sympathy factory heavily.

Also be honest and upfront with your recruiter and he may find a way to help you circumvent your bad credit history. Hope it helps.

Back