• Hate them and use them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use them only for emergencies

• Used them, but NEVER again

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

After I got back from Iraq, I paid off my credit cards and said "never again." I had about $2500 in credit card debt before Iraq. I tried my best to get rid of it, but I never seemed to make a dent in it. Now I pay cash for everything and firmly believe that if you do not have enough cash for it, you do not really need it. Life is a lot better since I have little debt. Looking back, if I never had any credit cards, I would have less stuff but a lot more money in the coffers.

With that said, what are your views on Credit Cards?

I don't like how banks pretty much make it mandatory to give you a credit card and then charge you extra when you use other banks' ATMs.

Credit Cards when used correctly can be a useful tool in managing your financial situation in this ever increasing cash less world. Like the old ad says I never leave home without it.

i avoided them like the plague for a long time, then i got online and i use mind purely for ordering music & books from overseas.

usually next time i go into town i put whatever i paid for the product straight back on the card. therefore i don't get inot that debt cycle. in the end because of the huge mark-up music has in NZ i am saving a reasonable amount of money. i NEVER use my card for anything else.

They are great when you're in a jam.

But I have one that I use for all my bills and pay it off each month because I earn points.

USAFAUX2004 said:
Credit is good for some things, but I do not think that a person needs 20 or so, just one or two

I agree, I have one and I use it pretty much exclusively for out of the ordinary purchases (hotels, dinners out etc) while travelling.

Travel was my main reason for needing one. The receipts are easier to keep up with while spending and motels, hotels won't give reservations without a card number. Same with rental cars.

Travel and anything that I buy online that I might need that doesn't offer COD is all that I'd use mine for if I had one.

They make it to easy for you to purchase stuff that you can't afford, to many people their total debt is just a number and means nothing to them. In the finish you are just working to pay of your credit cards, try never to spend more on Credit than you can afford to pay off completely at the end of the month.

Back