Crap. OOPS. Fixed! Hand surgery via self.

AZ_Infantry

OK, here is how we do it.

First, you stick a nail in your finger with a 90 PSI brad nailer and then gank it out. Air nailer is teh suck if you choose the wrong size nail. Then, let it sit for several days. You get this:

PICT1502.jpg

OK, next, never get a tat that extends below your wrist - it doesn't work with a suit:

PICT1505.jpg

OK, next thing is to never, ever, ever jerk back from pain. Remember this! Because if you do, you'll break some knuckles as I did.

PICT1503.jpg

Then you get a pinky finger that looks as thus:

PICT1501.jpg

Because when you do that, you're liable to jab your elbow into something really sharp - as I did. Then you have to administer stitches to yourself to stop the bleeding some 3 days later. Not fun. I used 4-pound fishing line and a good, sharp, curved darning needle. Yes, it hurt.

Still, better than allowing a doctor to do it.

PICT1499.jpg

Wrap it real good if you do it yourself - I put in 3 stitches, but one tore the skin, so now I have 2.

PICT1500.jpg

PICT1504.jpg

And THAT, brothers and sisters, is what NOT to do but how, if you DO do it, to fix it. Yes, I am in considerable pain thanks to that tile that impaled my arm and a couple broken fingers and nailing wood to my finger. But these are the fun things of having no education!

:bored:

Well, I really don't recommend everyone do their own stitches. Most go too shallow or too deep. I am a certified medic thanks to the Army's combat lifesaver course and I remember how to do stitches. If I go to the VA, I'll be there for 12 hours at least. But if I go to a hospital, they're going to charge me a ton of money I don't have. Screwed either way. When in doubt, superglue and duct tape (or, in this case, sewing needle and fishing line).

The good news is that I don't think the second knuckle is broken - feels much more flexible today. I think the swelling and purple color were just showing up because the other one is definitely broken.

Sigh - these things happen.

I've dug splinters form down deep in my hands pieces of metal, rocks from elbows (car accident), fishhooks from fingers, heads, and toes (still trying to understand that myself), and one time I patched a hunting accident good enough to get to the ER. And one sucking chest wound on the U.S.S Nimitz. but I have NEVER done anything like that I I hope I never have to.

man I'm going to learn those skills because the cost of medicare has gone up so much that I think it's worth the investment to be able to do the simple stuff yourself.

man I'm going to learn those skills because the cost of medicare has gone up so much that I think it's worth the investment to be able to do the simple stuff yourself.

A man should know how to:

Love his God unashamedly;

Love his family with everything he is;

Respect a lady;

Build his own house;

Fix his own truck;

And give himself stitches.

No EMO crap. Get down and dirty 8 hours a day, fix what you break, then treat a lady like a lady because you've studied chivalry.

Too many people think they are exclusive ideals. And that is a negative.

:cheers:

Respect a lady;

Build his own house;

Fix his own truck;

No EMO crap. Get down and dirty 8 hours a day, fix what you break, then treat a lady like a lady because you've studied chivalry.

Gee, not too hard to tell this is a good man :)

Amen to that.

Respect a lady;

Build his own house;

Fix his own truck;

Back