Crap movie alert...

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Thought we need a thread for any films we happen to watch and realise that we have just wasted a portion of our lives on some horrible movie. My most recent mistake was "Watchmen"... I thought since it was the director of 300 it might be alright... WRONG. I haven't seen something this screwed up since Mulholland Drive.

Feel free to add warnings for any crap you might have watched as well...

true Watchmen was really bad- though there were 1 or 2 good scenes. I liked the character with the mask... he had some flair.
Last mistake for me was The Cell 2!

I dont know when the guy that had the mask took it off he reminded me of Clay Aiken and you cant look tough when you look like an American Idol runner up. For me the last movie that i seen that was horrible was Bruno way too much ***** too look at in such a short film. If you haven't seen it let me draw you a picture the first 15 to 20 min of the movie was Bruno having sex with his pygmy boyfriend and not just any sex some of the most outrageous sex i ever seen.

August Rush.
The sort of crap you end up watching when you're married. It sucks... it was painful to watch. It was just a load of.... oh my God... felt like they should have a qualification badge for guys who've managed to sit through the whole thing without screaming.

Phoebe in Wonderland.
As you can see, I've had a tough time with movies. Avoid at all costs.

Street Fighter: the legend of Chun Li.
The
Worst
Movie
Ever
Made
Makes the Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme look Oscar worthy.

lol yeah i watched watchmen 2 days ago, that movie could have been soooooo much better. i has high hopes for it, and they didnt come true.

August Rush.
The sort of crap you end up watching when you're married. It sucks... it was painful to watch. It was just a load of.... oh my God... felt like they should have a qualification badge for guys who've managed to sit through the whole thing without screaming.

Phoebe in Wonderland.
As you can see, I've had a tough time with movies. Avoid at all costs.

Street Fighter: the legend of Chun Li.
The
Worst
Movie
Ever
Made
Makes the Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme look Oscar worthy.

haha when you get married the movies you have to go see make you want to gouge out your eyes lol

I loved Watchmen! It's my second favorite comic book movie after Sin City now. I laughed my ass off at the part where Doctor Manhattan vaporizes the Vietnamese in a Speedo. And the part where Kovacs uses the oil from the deep fryer was epic.

19KiloDevilDog said:
I dont know when the guy that had the mask took it off he reminded me of Clay Aiken and you cant look tough when you look like an American Idol runner up.
I half-expected Rorschach to be David Hayter when he took the mask off, he sounds a LOT like Solid Snake. Just found out David Hayer DID write the screenplay for Watchmen.

I haven't seen any horrible movies recently (I can sniff them out on the shelf), but I will tell you the worst movies I have ever seen in my life were Halloween 3 and Alone In the Dark. The latter was actually so insanely awful that I couldn't remember the plot an hour after watching it.

Last edited:
I think in order to really love watchmen you must have read the comic books.

i saw postal today, i must confess i did laugh once or twice but overall the movie was idiotic.

I follow this one general rule:
Avoid Japanese movies
Avoid German movies
They're all crap and people only pretend to like it to give you the impression that they are "sophisticated." Sorry to say, remakes of Japanese movies are almost always better than the Japanese originals.
Lola Runs was the most overrated piece of junk ever filmed.

I follow this one general rule:
Avoid Japanese movies
Avoid German movies
They're all crap and people only pretend to like it to give you the impression that they are "sophisticated." Sorry to say, remakes of Japanese movies are almost always better than the Japanese originals.
Lola Runs was the most overrated piece of junk ever filmed.

I don't know, I like anime for the simple fact that you can do so much with the medium. You can have a very small budget and still you will only be limited by your imagination and the skill of your artists. Things that would cost tens of millions to do in live action are no problem when your actors don't exist, and crazy stories that would never be made into a live action show can be made. Still, 90% of it is crap.

If I judged all American movies based on the majority, I'd tell people to avoid them like the plague. It's not limited to Japan or Germany - 90% of films and television shows are just garbage, regardless of their origin. You've got to figure out what you like, then go after that 10%. And since what you like is subjective (I can't imagine granma enjoying Heavy Metal like I do), there will be plenty of people saying what you like is trash.

I meant Japanese MOVIES, not Anime. I'm not a big fan but somehow they do manage to pull off with Anime what they can never seem to pull off with real actors. Yeah I think most of it is crap as well but the occasional gem makes it over to the US.
Maybe it's because Anime is drawn they have to cut out all the unneccessary parts but when it comes to movies... MY GOD IT'S SO SLOW.
I'm largely comparing block busters or highly rated movies.
I've just yet to watch a single "highly anticipated" movie from Japan that's actually entertained me. Actually yes they do, but only with the help of a fast forward button (and if it's got epic Samurai battles).
Actually some old German war movies (Das Boot and Stalingrad) were quite good but since then, especially with the movies the newer generation as pumped out... what utter garbage!
Korean movies used to be really crap but in the past five years they've managed to pump out a few that are actually qute enjoyable. Korean TV dramas (which became popular first) I still regard unwatchable.

Another movie for the list: Stepbrothers. It's not completely worthless, but they managed to fit every funny part of the movie into the commercial. Good idea, good actors, crappy execution IMO.

Can't comment on Japanese live action movies, I've only seen one and it was bats*** insane (admittedly that is exactly what I was looking for at the time).

Everyone on these forums should see Das Boot.

Korea is pretty much the animation capital of the world right now, sure the writers and such are American and Japanese but if you look at the credits all the actual work's being done in Korea.

I haven't seen many movies from over there but not too long ago I saw a pretty weird (but good) one about a revolt of cyborg soldiers that reminded me very much of Blade Runner. It has some of the most flawless integration of live actors with computer graphics I've ever seen, with awesome art direction as well as some excellent choreography. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere as I forgot the title and it sounded weird even for a foreign film. Any ideas?

Last edited:
there is a Japanese movie i really like, its called Returner, it was better then i expected. and the special effects were quite good.

I saw Dragonball... though I'm not a big fan of the series I liked the movie... entertaining but nothing special... I like the actor who is playing the main character Gocu

Many years ago my wife and I sat through the agony of "The Bostonians" with Christopher Reeve. Be forewarned, it's terrible.

Back