Cracked me up, might offend some.

Same here- hilarious. Downright hilarious. Now, if I could only get in with the guys down the road and jump in a few jam sessions... I shudder to think what human rights groups would think.

back on topic:
Cmon, you don't think every military force since Cain slew Abel has taunted their opponents? To express outrage and go to the pols to get this kind of stuff removed is ridiculous.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5029222

This soldier is now being roasted by the public at large and the Corps is offering him up on a platter. This is going too friggin far in my opinion. There are far more serious things to be worried about than a song that helps vent the feelings and stress of being in Iraq right now. Without the damn insurgents there wouldn't even BE a song about it.

Marine being probed over song on killing Iraqis
Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:37pm ET162
U.S. News
Endangered Republicans play down party label
Officials arrest 2,000 in criminal immigrant sweep
Historic Judy Garland concert restaged in New York
More U.S. News...
Email This Article | Print This Article | Reprints
[-] Text [+]

By Will Dunham

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Marine Corps is investigating whether a Marine did anything wrong by singing an obscenity laced song to a laughing and cheering crowd of fellow U.S. troops in Iraq making light of killing Iraqis.

A four-minute video of the performance, posted on the Internet, showed Cpl. Joshua Belile, who returned home from Iraq in March, singing lyrics about encountering an Iraqi woman and her family.

He sings, "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally." In the background, laughing, clapping and cheers can be heard.

Marine Corps officials said on Wednesday their preliminary inquiry will focus on whether Belile broke military law or rules in writing and singing a song with offensive lyrics to an audience of other troops. Another concern, they said, was maintaining "good order and discipline" in the ranks.

The Marines have called the song "clearly inappropriate."

"I cannot say if there is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice or the law of armed conflict. Lawyers have looked at it and they're kind of scratching their heads, which is why we're doing this preliminary inquiry," said Lt. Col. Scott Fazekas, a U.S. Marine Corps spokesman at the Pentagon.

Maj. Shawn Haney, spokeswoman at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point in North Carolina, said the preliminary inquiry is expected to last a couple of days. The military will then decide whether to move to a more formal investigation that potentially could lead to discipline.

Belile, who is stationed at Marine Corps Air Station New River in North Carolina and is a member of a band called the Sweater Kittenz, told a local newspaper the song was "supposed to be funny," with lyrics based on lines from the 2004 satirical movie "Team America: World Police.
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...23235_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ-USA-VIDEO.xml&src=rss

This is the UCMJ article they are going to screw this Marine with...
§ 934. Art. 134. General article
How Current is This?

Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special, or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.

I cannot begin to describe just exactly how many colours of :cen:ed up this is.

You can keep updated at this site...
http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/06/14/hadji-girl-update-marine-lawyers-poring-over-ucmj/

Last edited:
Dude, ART 134 is the "catch all" for crap that is not in the UCMJ. If it is not in there, it is ART 134. Kind of like NASCAR's rule "Detrimental to Stock Car Racing"

It's got nothing on the "12 Days Of Tet." I know some GIs who sang a pretty raw version of that on the radio in Vietnam. Odd how times change.

Earth to milforum people, come in...HADITHA. (Sound familiar???)

Let me spell out.

Hajji Girl is about Marines killing Iraqi civilians
Haditha, is about Marines killing Iraqi civilians.

Now do you people understand why it might be objectable?

Besides, how many people here would laugh if the Arabs made fun of 9-11 or of some pour soul in Iraq getting his throat slit by the terrorists, or of the death of a US marine by a IED. In WWII one of the more popular songs sung by the SS was about lineing Jews up against a wall.

Last edited:
You know you have a valid point, but I still think its wrong to neuter free speech. I liked the song I found it funny and i will continue to laugh at it.I really really dont give a crap if the muslims are offended.

You cant really expect me to feel bad over a song, after muslims jumped in joy and served cake on September 11th.

"Well rabs isnt that just bringing you down to there level?" Maybe thats whats needed to beat these f'kers

Last edited:
mmarsh said:

Let me spell out.

Besides, how many people here would laugh if the Arabs made fun of 9-11 or of some pour soul in Iraq getting his throat slit by the terrorists, or of the death of a US marine by a IED. In WWII one of the more popular songs sung by the SS was about lineing Jews up against a wall.
How can you compare this song to those things? Have you listened to it? Its not nearly as bad as some of the things you mentioned.

Tarfu

mmarsh said:

Let me spell out.

First the song is not about killing Iraqi civilians. You obviously have not heard it. It IS about killing IRaqi insurgents. Civilians don't carry AK's as the characters in the song do. In the song he kills them after the father and brother kill the girl. But all of that is lost when your agenda interferes with your auditory nerve impulses.

I will tell your couch potato armchair general arse the same thing I told Cpl Belile in an email, though you won't understand. He has done nothing wrong. There is nothing wrong with the song. War is about killing. Soldiers are exposed to heinous acts of violence and live through situations no one can understand unless you've been there. Every cop, every paramedic, every soldier has used black humour to help exorcise this :cen: from their minds so they can function and not end up in the corner sucking their thumb. There are cadences worse than that song. I have told jokes worse than that song. The only thing that went wrong with this is that people like you Marsh saw it and you and your ilk just don't get it. You can't begin to fathom what it is like and to judge the actions of a man in harm's way without ever having been there yourself is the height of cowardice. Stick to things within your depth and leave my brothers alone.

Last edited:
mmarsh said:

Let me spell out.

The Arabs do make fun of the attacks. They cheered every time the replay went up on their local news channels. They loved every minute of it. Anti-Western feelings are fostered since childhood. They do make fun of all the above. So why should we not laugh back at them? Like Rabs said, maybe lowering to their level is exactly what's needed to beat these @$$holes.

Bulldogg

I didnt hear it? Maybe you missed this part:

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f**kers to eternity ..

A Marine using a child as a bullet shield and laughing as she gets hit it sounds awfully sick.

And Iraqi civilians are permitted to own certain weapons (I believe its one gun per household limit). They are not allowed to carry them in the streets, nor own heavy weapons but they are allowed to have a rifle in their homes to defend themselves.

Henderson and Rabs (because you were more or less said the same thing)

Both of you suggested that because the arabs do it we should too.

Thats WRONG. The US Military is an organization of professional soldiers. We kill when we have to but we neither should take pleasure in it nor glorify it, espically when it comes to killing civvies, any GI who does different should be sent section 8 (mentally unfit for service discharge) immediatly. If you remember Bunny from PLATOON, would you really want to be sharing a foxhole with someone like him?

Thats what seperates us from the barbarians we are fighting. Do you really want to sink to their level? They are savages (not us), we gain nothing by acting like them. In fact that what Zarquiwi group wants, to show to the entire Islamic world that we are animals and that its righteous to be killing us. We are playing right into their hands.

Finally Rabs, there is no free speech in the military. You can just image how the terrorists could use this as propaganda against us.

Last edited:
He is letting off steam! He has just been to WAR! Now, in a thread, unmentionable, I said that the psychological aspects of war must have to hurt. What would you do if your best friend had just been killed by a roadside bomb? Sit there and say, " I only killed that man who I saw plant the IED because I had to."?! Or random sniper fire..."I only shot the guy because we are at war. IF we were here peacefully I would have let him get away with it." If thats how you feel, then you are the savage here.

Y'know, sensibly, the best way to defend one's country, Henderson, is to assume that at all times we ARE at war. And that's what we do now.

I find nothing wrong with the song, having heard black and white jokes worse than that. Heck, we've told stories in the duck blind that were far worse than that. It just plays into the mindset (think rioting Muslims) that "we can do it to them, but they better not do it to us."

C/1Lt Henderson said:
He is letting off steam! He has just been to WAR! Now, in a thread, unmentionable, I said that the psychological aspects of war must have to hurt. What would you do if your best friend had just been killed by a roadside bomb? Sit there and say, " I only killed that man who I saw plant the IED because I had to."?! Or random sniper fire..."I only shot the guy because we are at war. IF we were here peacefully I would have let him get away with it." If thats how you feel, then you are the savage here.
Henderson

Listen to what I'm saying. I'm not talking about actual combat, if the song was about fighting the insurgency that would be an entirely different matter. I am talking about the glorification of warcrimes, using a child as a shield is a warcrime. Killing civilians is a warcrime. If you get caught doing either by the US Military you will be facing a prison or even a death sentence. Singing songs that glorify warcrimes, in a warzone to boot, is incrediable bad judgement, espically just after real warcrimes were commited not too long ago by US troops. I dont think it should go to a courts martial, but a reprimand is called for. We have enough problems in Iraq, we dont need any more yokels adding any more.

Last edited:
Mmarsh, how Tipper Gore are you going to go here? Should all music that mentions illegal activity be banned? Should certain groups have a right (written or unwritten) not to be offended? What limitations should be placed on US troops as to what aspects of combat they can discuss? Finally, what US embassy should be burned down first?

Pretty Polly

Oh Polly, Pretty Polly, come go along with me.
Polly, Pretty Polly, come go along with me.
Before we get married some pleasures to see.

She got behind him and away they did go,
She got behind him and away they did go,
Over the hills and mountains to the valley below.

He rode her over hills and valleys so deep.
He rode her over hills and valleys so deep.
Pretty Polly mistrusted and then began to weep.

Oh Willie, Oh Willie, I’m afraid to of your ways.
Willie, Oh Willie, I’m afraid of your ways.
The way you’ve been acting, you’ll lead me astray.

They went up a little farther, and what did they spy,
They went up a little farther and what did they spy,
A newly-dug grave, and a spade lying by.

Oh Polly, Pretty Polly, your guess is about right.
Polly, Pretty Polly, your guess is about right.
I dug on your grave the best part of last night.

She knelt down before him pleading for her life.
She knelt down before him pleading for her life.
Please let me be a single girl if I can’t be your wife.

He stabbed her in the heart and her heart’s blood did flow.
He stabbed her in the heart and her heart’s blood did flow.
And into the grave Pretty Polly did go.

He threw something over her and turned to go home,
He threw something over her and turned to go home,
Leaving nothing behind him, but the girl left to mourn.

He went down to the jailhouse and what did he say.
He went down to the jailhouse and what did he say.
I killed Pretty Polly and tried to get away.

Oh gentlemen and ladies, I bid you farewell.
Oh gentlemen and ladies, I bid you farewell.
For killing Pretty Polly my soul will go to hell.
That's an old bluegrass song you might hear anywhere in the Appalachian mountains. It describes, as you might discern, the premeditated murder of a young bride to be. Pretty awful stuff. Should it have been rooted out an banned 200+ years ago? Should I dig up some war ballads from Europe? There's some pretty awful stuff there. Bulldogg was exactly right when he said that this sort of black humor is the way these men blow of steam. This is one more example of how the warrior class doesn't mix with the rest of the world.

By the way, mmarsh, you use "we" a lot in your last post. I thought you were French?

Back