Crécy or Agincourt?

Which was the greatest blunder?

• Total voters

Stratego

Both these battles look the same and almost happened in the same way, but which one do you consider the greatest French blunder?

:salute:

Greets,
Stratego

I will go against the flow and say the Battle of Crécy, the French were over confident and paid a very heavy price.

Loses were similar, Agincourt was just a Crecy remake so French army was used for the situation. Crecy is my pick.

At Crecy they lost the Battle at Agincourt they lost their country

Nearly. You can be right if English forces broken Orleans in 1428 but they did not and from that time they only lost till 1453 and Calais was the only one city what left in English hands. Final result was nothing. But the fact is English army proved an excellent discipline and they crashed repeately much stronger French armies.

I have to admit my vote for Crecy can be a little subjective coz my country lost the king there...

Really wasn't so much a french blunder at Crecy, their cavalry tactics had won them an extremely large country, and the british was basically using tactics one age ahead, replace the bows with guns and they were basically using early modern pike and shot tactics not seen elsewhere until the 16th century. Agincourt, I think the french blundered in not sending in their third line in to the british flank,but I think this was actually the english having advanced tactics than french stupidity.

Back