CQB tactics,from AK47 Vs. M14 topic

Pollux

in my opinion full auto is almost senseless, exept sometimes in close quarters battle. anytime else it is just wasting ammo. rapid, well aimed single fire is much more effective...remember you never have enough ammo with you....never...

n my opinion full auto is almost senseless, exept sometimes in close quarters battle. anytime else it is just wasting ammo. rapid, well aimed single fire is much more effective...remember you never have enough ammo with you....never...

Um, I don't want any grunt on full in a CQB situation. Do you know how many blue on blue fatalities there would be? You'd lose half your men to each other. You want controlled pairs in CQB. Target ID, shoot 2, scan, target ID, shoot 2.

Suppressive fire is about the only reason you need it.

well

Ok, I see your points, still, Id rather have the Auto option...Even if only as supression...

i ment the classic cqb situation
fe to storm a house or a whole village
POP POP! in this situation you have no time to make an id..

Mod edit: Sorry, Sir, don't want to be putting out too detailed information like that in case some crazies come along :lol: .

Pollux said:

Umm ... who does your training? :?

well

Well, I dont know much but there are technics for semi-auto rapid and aimed fire. Anyways, this is off-topic.

RnderSafe said:
Pollux said:

Umm ... who does your training? :?

Yeah youre right 8)
that is the classic tactics for taking houses or villages that have been prepared for defence by the enemy.
of course if you expect any civilians or hostages in that house you use the "body" tactics.
The tactic i described is the way to clean a house with minimal casualties.
but our experiences are that after the first four or five houses you lost 80% of your platoon if you have a well trained and prepared enemy against you...
wouldnt like to do that in war, its one of the safest methods to become a hero...

Yes, but remember - in that particular scenario, you don't go in until the target area has been "softened." Even then, you always ID, if nothing else to prevent blue on blue. I won't go into any details, OPSEC, but I'm sure you can get the gist of my meaning from the broad strokes I'm painting.

Perhaps another language barrier, I do not think we are in complete disagreement.

for sure
i worked together with som guys from the big red one during a manoeuver. A german and a us platoon cleared some houses and i think we did it almost the same way

How do you get a fire superiority over larger enemy,cos as i know,fire superiority is vital for field movement(covering fires and stuff),So is there any specific tactics or something? :roll:

Marksman said:
How do you get a fire superiority over larger enemy,cos as i know,fire superiority is vital for field movement(covering fires and stuff),So is there any specific tactics or something? :roll:

Sorry, Marksman, but we have a policy of not discussing in-depth tactics here (OPSEC).

Redneck said:
Marksman said:

Sorry, Marksman, but we have a policy of not discussing in-depth tactics here (OPSEC).

You can look at the army field manual on tactics online!!

Back