Cow urine fizzy drink

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
From Sky News

A Hindu group in India is taking healthy living to the extreme - with plans to release a soft drink made from cow's urine.

It might not sound appetising to non-Hindus, but it is claimed the fizzy beverage will help fight a number of diseases, including cancer.

Of course, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down - with the bovine urine to be mixed with other products, such as aloe vera and gooseberry.

The wee tonic will undergo laboratory tests in the coming months, according to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), or National Volunteer Organisation.

"Cow urine offers a cure for around 70 to 80 incurable diseases like diabetes. All are curable by cow urine," said Om Prakash, the head of the RSS cow protection department.

"It is useful for the whole country and the world as well."
The group have not yet specified a release date for the drink.
Many Hindus believe the animals' urine to have medicinal properties and it is often drunk at religious festivals.

In the past, the RSS group has campaigned against foreign imports such as Pepsi and Coca Cola, considering them a tool of Western imperialism.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think Coca Cola has anything to worry about lol

"Cow urine offers a cure for around 70 to 80 incurable diseases like diabetes. All are curable by cow urine," said Om Prakash, the head of the RSS cow protection department.

Is it just me, or is that seriously unlikely? What difference does Cow urine have against dog or koala urine?

Although, this might be a hindu beleif, seeing as they think cows are 'sacred animals', they might aswell drink its @#$%$ and think its good for them. Though it might be, i dont know.

hahaha! I have to memorize three news articles (national, international and sports) since I am a plebe. That is definitely my international article!

I told my daughter (during one of her tantrums) that if she lived in India she would be worshiped.

It took her ages to work that one out.:smil:

Man this is classic.
And I thought claims made in Korea about how the food here will cure diseases of all kinds was ridiculous. Seriously... it's just normal food + a s**t load of garlic, salt and chilli powder. They all look red and all taste the same.
Cow urine...
With the health claims they're making it might even be successful in Korea! But then again, it's foreign, so no one will ever believe anything not Korean could ever be healthy.

Back