COVID-19 - Page 4




 
--
COVID-19
 
July 22nd, 2020  
MontyB
 
 
COVID-19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhd123
All I hear and see from liberals is it's Trumps fault and now they call him a murderer etc. Like he concocted it and infected Americans with it. Its sickening.
A large part of the problem is that everyone seems to be politicising this thing rather than focusing on dealing with it.
July 23rd, 2020  
BritinAfrica
 
 
I had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago, I had difficulty breathing (I have COPD) which was worse then usual, plus I had a temperature of over 38C I thought I have the virus. I was taken into hospital and put into an ICU ward for observation and x Rays, thankfully it turns out I had a small lung infection which resulted in pneumonia. They stuck a cotton bud up my nose (That bloody hurt) and tested for the virus, which thankfully came back negative. After being bombarded with antibiotics I was sent home four days later.

My missus thought I was a goner, so did I come to that.
July 24th, 2020  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago, I had difficulty breathing (I have COPD) which was worse then usual, plus I had a temperature of over 38C I thought I have the virus. I was taken into hospital and put into an ICU ward for observation and x Rays, thankfully it turns out I had a small lung infection which resulted in pneumonia. They stuck a cotton bud up my nose (That bloody hurt) and tested for the virus, which thankfully came back negative. After being bombarded with antibiotics I was sent home four days later.

My missus thought I was a goner, so did I come to that.
That was a close call, I'm glad you are ok, mate.
--
COVID-19
July 24th, 2020  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
That was a close call, I'm glad you are ok, mate.
Thanks 13, I appreciate that.
July 24th, 2020  
The Highway Man
 
Exactly, we've lost too many people to this bloody virus!
July 26th, 2020  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago, I had difficulty breathing (I have COPD) which was worse then usual, plus I had a temperature of over 38C I thought I have the virus. I was taken into hospital and put into an ICU ward for observation and x Rays, thankfully it turns out I had a small lung infection which resulted in pneumonia. They stuck a cotton bud up my nose (That bloody hurt) and tested for the virus, which thankfully came back negative. After being bombarded with antibiotics I was sent home four days later.

My missus thought I was a goner, so did I come to that.
Welcome back, some good news in what has been a rather bleak year to date.
July 26th, 2020  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Welcome back, some good news in what has been a rather bleak year to date.
Thanks Monty, much appreciated.

It was a good thing I did go into hospital, apart from the pneumonia they found I had stomach ulcers which were losing blood, I was given 3 units and medication and discharged feeling somewhat better.

The SA Government has banned the sale of cigarettes, pipe tobacco, rolling tobacco and cigars as well as alcohol, with the ban on alcohol crime has dropped considerably. The government did allow the sale of alcohol for a short time, and guess what, crime went through the roof again, so its been banned yet again. There is also a curfew from 9pm until 4am which has helped to curb crime by a significant amount.

I have read that Oxford university are working on a virus drug, its been stated that tests are proving positive. Sadly too late for some.
July 26th, 2020  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
Exactly, we've lost too many people to this bloody virus!
The Chinese have won WW3 without firing a shot
July 29th, 2020  
Redleg
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago, I had difficulty breathing (I have COPD) which was worse then usual, plus I had a temperature of over 38C I thought I have the virus. I was taken into hospital and put into an ICU ward for observation and x Rays, thankfully it turns out I had a small lung infection which resulted in pneumonia. They stuck a cotton bud up my nose (That bloody hurt) and tested for the virus, which thankfully came back negative. After being bombarded with antibiotics I was sent home four days later.

My missus thought I was a goner, so did I come to that.

I'm really glad to hear that it wasn't COVID-19, and that you're ok now!
July 30th, 2020  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Thanks Monty, much appreciated.

It was a good thing I did go into hospital, apart from the pneumonia they found I had stomach ulcers which were losing blood, I was given 3 units and medication and discharged feeling somewhat better.

The SA Government has banned the sale of cigarettes, pipe tobacco, rolling tobacco and cigars as well as alcohol, with the ban on alcohol crime has dropped considerably. The government did allow the sale of alcohol for a short time, and guess what, crime went through the roof again, so its been banned yet again. There is also a curfew from 9pm until 4am which has helped to curb crime by a significant amount.

I have read that Oxford university are working on a virus drug, its been stated that tests are proving positive. Sadly too late for some.
The sale of alcohol increased here during the outbreak. We can see an increase of reported cases of domestic violence.

It seems we have the beginning of the second wave when there is a spike of COVID-19 in Europe and elsewhere.